I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Forbidden Lyrics by Jodie Larson
Series: Lightning Strikes #3
on February 17, 2018
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon
Falling in love with your best friend's sister is never a good idea. Getting caught kissing her, that's even worse.
I watched Lizzie Donovan grow up - from pigtails and scraped knees to pouty lips and lush curves.
It wasn't until one night nine years ago in the front seat of her car, with her lips on mine, that I realized what I was feeling was far more than friendship.
Of course, I felt her brother's wicked left hook shortly after.
One promise was all it took to push her away.
This is my chance.
I have three months to convince her that she's the song in my heart and we're more than just forbidden lyrics.
We are thrilled to be bringing you Jodie Larson’s FORBIDDEN LYRICS, the third standalone in her Lightning Strikes rockstar series. Fans of contemporary romance are not going to want to miss this one–be sure to grab your copy today!
Grab your copy of FORBIDDEN LYRICS on Amazon today!
Contemporary Romance with a band and a best friend’s little sister, second chance romance.
Book #3 of a series that can be read as a stand-alone, but past characters are mentioned a lot and are a big part of the story.
Fun, sweet, cute romance!!!
- Addictiveness: This is an easy read that can be done in one sitting. It’s light and fun!
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 3.5/5, growth 4/5, real 4.5/5 Both main characters are easy to like, connect and understand. They were both frustrating at times, but both very likable. Lot of interesting secondary characters and I believe I must read Myles book to understand him better. I guess, for me, to easily connect with characters I should go back in read this in order. At the same time, it all felt really believable. I’m a sister with two brothers and in my house bro-code was totally real and frustrating. 🙂
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 0/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Look at this cover… I have decided to read this book without even reading the blurb. I wanted it badly only because of this amazing art. Add to that, great colors and catching title, you got a winner!!!
- Plot: believable 4.5/5, conflict 2.5/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 4/5, subplots 3/5, twists 2/5 Good opening and ending. Lukewarm conflict and great dialogues. Steady pace with a few subplot. Enjoyable story with a very reality feel to it. Good plot!
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 3.5/5, description 3/5, development 3/5, steam 3/5 Their romance is believable and it has good chemistry. Is easy to feel their love.
- Writing Style: Interesting plot, good characters and sweet romance. What is not to like?
- Freshness: There was nothing really new here. Everything very predictable. It doesn’t change the likeability of the plot. (Is a well written book, and a story doesn’t always have to wow the reader with originality to be good.)
- Plot: Angst! I missed a bigger problem. Yes, they had the brother, but everything felt too easy.
Even though this is a stand-alone, because I’m a character reader, I believe I would have enjoyed this more if I had read the series in order. I need to connect with characters to understand and feel their emotions. I’m really intrigue by Myles , but without having reading his book I felt him to be very immature here. In fact, I was shocked he had found someone to put up with him :).
- Action 1/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 3/5
- Romance 3.5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Sure.
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I will definitely read more from the author. Great writing!
You MAY read this because you follow the series; you SHOULD read this because you like band/music stories; you MUST read this because you like second chance romances!!!
The house lights dim, leaving the whole place practically in darkness. A hush falls over the crowd as if the lack of light was in control of their voices. Pretty sure we’re the only table that knows what’s about to happen.
The steady beat of a drum, counting out a punishing rhythm break through the silence. A bass guitar joins in, followed closely by two more guitars. It’s a pattern I’ve heard all my life. Each instrument getting its turn to take the spotlight before coming together as a whole.
A spotlight cuts through the darkness and every girl in the room loses their mind before rushing the stage. Flashes from cell phones compete against the swirling lights illuminating the dance floor. The four of them stand there, perfectly comfortable in their surroundings, taking command of the area. Kade winds at the girls in front while Myles struts his stuff along the right side of the stage. You can barely see Pax’s head above the drum set, but every once in a while, you sneak a glimpse of his smile.
But that’s not what I’m focusing on. No, I’m drawn to the one standing off to the side, keeping a constant rhythm and not drawing as much attention to himself. Damn. If I thought Breck looked good sitting on a bar stool, he looks a million times better with a spotlight shining directly on him.
Don’t miss the other LIGHTNING STRIKES books!
SERENADING THE SHADOWS
No one should have their life planned out at the age of three. Yet that’s exactly what happened to Adrienne Carmichael. Paving the way as the “piano prodigy” was all her parents wanted…Only she didn’t.
All she wished for was to be normal, to be a regular teenager and everything that came with it-including the decisions that would shape her life.
Ten years later, scarred and broken, she knows that being alone isn’t everything she imagined. The piano is finally everything, except nobody will ever hear her play again.
All that changes when a sexy-as-sin rock god blows into her life. Tall and tattooed with jet-black hair and a dangerous bad boy smile…he’s every girl’s fantasy.
To her, he’s a distraction, yet Kade Evans is everything she shouldn’t want.
Instinct tells her to run, but she can’t get him out of her mind.
But may, just maybe he can be the one to pull her from the shadows before the darkness swallows her…for good.
NOTES OF THE PAST
I love women.
And it’s easy to see why. Being the lead guitarist for the country’s hottest band, Lightning Strikes, has them practically jumping into my bed and walking out the door just as quick. Which is perfect for me. Emotions complicate things, and I don’t do complicated.
Sure, I was in love once, and it was great. Then it was gone. That’s when I vowed never again. Life is better without empty, broken promises.
After five years of hard work, sacrifices, and determination, everything I’ve ever wanted is in my grasp: a successful career, touring city after city and being accountable to no one.
Then she starts appearing in the crowds. The girl I once loved, and who walked away.
Only, Tatum Mitchell wasn’t just any girl; she was my girl.
Will she be the wedge that drives the last part of my heart away, or will she break down the walls I’ve built. We’re connected through the lyrics of our heart and the notes of our past, but is that enough?