I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Playing the Pauses Series: , ,
Published by Self-published on March 5, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK
Rock Star Dom + his Queen of the Spreadsheet employee = KRYPTONITE
Kate is a globe-trotting tour manager who can’t be tied down.
Danny is a Dominant rock star and tattoo artist who needs her help to explore his true kinks.
Kate just got her big break, running an international tour for a rising band. Her job is everything to her…at least until she meets the band’s enigmatic bass player.
After they collide in one unforgettably erotic night on a hotel balcony, he comes to her with a proposition. As a former BDSM club performer, Danny’s spent so long fulfilling other people’s fantasies that now he wants to reclaim his own—and he says she’s the only one who can help.
Getting caught in bed with her rock star boss could cost her career, and yet there’s something about Danny’s quiet intensity that she can’t resist. He steals her heart, hard. But the end of the tour is approaching, and their jobs are headed two different directions.
To be together one of them will have to stop touring, but the only thing they crave as much as each other is music.
** This book can be read and understood as a standalone, but does contain spoilers for earlier books in the series. **
We are excited to celebrate the release of PLAYING THE PAUSES by Michelle Hazen. This is the second installment in her Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll series. Follow the tour for reviews, excerpts, guest posts, plus enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
“Hazen’s use of the frantic energy of a rock band’s tour contrasts perfectly with the slow and seductive dance this couple engages in. Readers are sure to enjoy following The Red Letters on their drama-fueled climb to fame. “ —RT Book Reviews
“To call Playing the Pauses an erotic novel alone would be to belie its equally strong explorations of the boundaries between personal, career, and sexual growth.” —Midwest Book Review
When an ultra-independent tour manager meets the one musician she can’t resist, their kinks fit together perfectly, but their lives don’t. Michelle Hazen is back with PLAYING THE PAUSES, the second, stand-alone installment in her Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll series. Fans of Kylie Scott’s Stage Dive Series and YOU REALLY GOT ME by Erika Kelly, will love this bad boy, friends with benefits romance with a dash of BDSM mixed in.
Contemporary Romance. Book #2 of a series. It could be read as a stand-alone, but I don’t recommend. Their strength is in a group and I believe their stories enhance each others
Buckle-up! This is another emotional ride. Like a roller-coaster, your emotions are going to be high and low all the time.
Powerful! Exquisite! Poignant!!!
- Addictiveness: I love the series. I’ve been looking forward to this book, so I read it in one sitting down. A long one, there are lots of angst, but it kept me on the edge of my seat.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes! My favorite part about this series are the characters. They are all multidimensional and easy to love, connect and understand. I have bond with them and I feel I’m invested in their lives. Danny and Kate has me emotional. Their growth through out the story was amazing. Great secondary characters.
- Cover: art 4.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 0/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Other obsession of mine with this series have been the cover art. They are beautifully made and they fit the characters. This one is sexy and a bit dark like Danny. I love the path of stars. 🙂
- Freshness: Even though the story doesn’t have anything we could say WOW, how different, the overall book has a fresh vibe. Is not the usual band type of story.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and good ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues very well written. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Their love is believable even through out all the angst I have never doubted that. Danny’s situation was hard and sometimes if felt unresolved but the chemistry and steam was very high. Hot!!!
- Writing Style: We all have our favorites, Ms. Hazen is fast becoming one of mine. She writes love stories with lots of emotions. Her characters feel real. She is wonderful with words and her character development is superb. There are never loose ends in her books.
- Plot: I don’t know, I still feel like Danny’s issues weren’t all solved.
I can’t wait to what comes next, really I know Jax story will be an emotional ride. I’m certain I’m going to suffer and love it all.
- Action 0/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 2/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance. In fact, this is a MUST READ!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I have a new mission in life: to read everything Ms. Hazen writes!!!
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you have started the series; you MUST read this if you like your romance with a bit of angst and a lot of heat!!!