I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Sparks Fly by Lauren Runow
Published by Self-published on April 3, 2018
Cover Design: Designed With Grace
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Everly wasn’t excited over her impending meeting with the enigmatic Prince Sage. Being one of only four women from whom the Prince gets to choose in marriage was never something she valued. Her goal was to politely and elegantly remove herself from a forced wedding due to long standing traditions. Handsome Prince or not, she won’t marry for anything but love.
Once Sage proceeds to the next candidate, Everly finally feels she can move forward with her life. On her own terms. That is, until she receives a mysterious request, asking her to solve a riddle, taking her on a night she’ll never forget.
A fervent adventure ensues, and attraction builds as the excitement of the night unfolds. Sparks fly in more ways than one just as she finds out who’s stealing her heart.
Please join us in celebrating the release of
Sparks Fly by Lauren Runow!
Cute, fun contemporary romance.
Royalty like you have never seen before!
- Addictiveness: This was an very easy read for me. In fact, Sage and Everly caught me and I couldn’t let them go.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 I love them! Really both Sage and Everly were sweet and cute. They were so easy to love. Everly wanted love. She didn’t care about royalty or anything like that. Sage also wanted love. He wanted to prove that he was not royal, or better yet, him being royalty didn’t define him.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 4/5, buy 4/5 This cover is beautiful. I don’t know if matches the story, but I would buy this one without reading the blurb. It has a good title with hot art and good color/font usage.
- Freshness: This feels like one-of-a-kind. This isn’t about the boy getting the girl, more like how they can make their relationship work. Feels fresh!
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues well. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. The way the author writes it made this story believable and enjoyable. Really, their struggles to be together felt real, believable.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 This is a love story. This is cute, fun and sexy. This is about making love work. This was really good.
- Writing Style: Wow! Nothing like I was expecting, at the same time, better. Perfect characters, with great plot, a dash of emotion, a bit of sweetness for a great romance.
- I don’t know! Can’t think of anything now.
My first time reading the author and I have no idea how I have let her work passed me like that. I must rectify this now!
I have to mention again… PERFECT CHARACTERS!!!!
32.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (between 31.5 – 33/35 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4 Freshness: 4.5 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 4.5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 3/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys fun, cute romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes.
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I must read more from her!
You MAY read this because you like the royal romance; you SHOULD read this because you follow the author; you MUST read this for amazing characters!!!