I received this book for free from NetGalley, Sourcebooks in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: SWAT #7
Published by Sourcebooks Casablanca on December 5, 2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Paranormal Romance, Shifter
Source: NetGalley, Sourcebooks
Buy on Amazon
Wolf shifter and SWAT Officer Max Lowry falls hard for she-wolf Lana Mason, but things spiral out of control when wolf hunters track her down, and Max realizes Lana has no idea who—or what—she really is.
Hungry Like the Wolf (Book 1)
Wolf Trouble (Book 2)
In the Company of Wolves (Book 3)
To Love a Wolf (Book 4)
Wolf Unleashed (Book 5)
Wolf Hunt (Book 6)
Wolf Hunger (Book 7)
Even though I haven’t read all books from the series, I had no problem following up the story. It works as a stand-alone inside a series!
- Plot: It’s a really interesting plot. I love a good shifter book and in the midst of so many out there, Ms. Tyler has brought something unique into her own story. Wolf Hunger is a fast-paced tale, cohesive written with not many typo mistakes even in the ARC. The book kept me guessing until the end and I have finished it wanting to go back and read the entire series.
- Characters: I really like both main characters and I am looking forward to knowing more about several secondary characters as well. Even though this is a paranormal romance, all characters were easy to connect, relate and understand. I would definitely like to hang out with some of them.
- Heat: This book is a bit sexy! The hot scenes are very well described and they are all relevant to the plot.
- Freshness: Like I have mentioned above, Ms. Tyler has given her own little spin into a shifter’ story. It’s creative and not the same that is out there.
- Cover: I like the cover, but I think the text should have been a bit smaller. By looking at it I know the story will have a sexy alpha cop or military protagonist. But I’ve missed something telling me that it was a shifter story. I know the title says it all, but I love when the cover art tells a story on its own.
- Heat: I know not all books are the same, but being a shifter lover I’ve missed their bonding ritual.
- Addictiveness: I’ve really enjoyed the story and I’m really interested in the series, but it was not a “could-never-put-down” type of book.
- I’m really intrigue by this series. It has most elements of a good shifter world and it also has a little twist, some different spice that made it distinctive from all other out there. It is a world that I want to explore and understand more.
- I wanted to comprehend better the reason behind the antagonist group’s actions. I’m still uncertain if it hasn’t been well explained yet, or if I didn’t grasp the concept well because I haven’t read the entire series.
You MAY read this because you have been faithful to this series; you SHOULD read this because you like the author’s writing style; you MUST read this if you are looking for a bit-different-from-the-rest shifter’s tale!