I received this book for free from Chapter by Chapter Tours, Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Wicked Charm by Amber Hart
Published by Entangled: Teen on January 30, 2018
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Young Adult, Romantic Suspense
Source: Chapter by Chapter Tours, Entangled Teen
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Nothing good comes from living in the Devil's swamp.
Willow Bell thinks moving to the Okefenokee area isn't half bad, but nothing prepares her for what awaits in the shadows of the bog.
Girls are showing up dead in the swamp. And she could be next.
Everyone warns Willow to stay away from Beau Cadwell—the bad boy at the top of their suspect list as the serial killer tormenting the small town.
But beneath his wicked, depthless eyes, there's something else that draws Willow to him.
When yet another girl he knew dies, though, Willow questions whether she can trust her instincts…or if they're leading to her own death.
“Only this go-round, you are mine, Beau Cadwell. And I am yours.”HIs grin speaks of his wicked charm. by Willow
Young Adult, Romantic suspense. Duo-POV. Stand-alone.
Cute, sweet and suspenseful!
- Addictiveness: This book hooked me from the beginning. I couldn’t put down until I finished.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 This is it! This book has perfect characters that are easy to love, connect and understand. Willow is amazing. Seriously, I usually tend for the hero, but Willow is perfect! She is sweet, funny and cool. She is a ray of sunshine. Beau, is mysterious, deep and has a lot to mature. He does it beautifully. Charlotte is another amazing character. In fact, I would love to read her book, her story. I love the grandparents.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love covers. I buy many books by its cover. I adore this cover. The colors and the title is perfect. You can feel the suspenseful vibe through its cover.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 4/5 Good beginning, great ending. Good setting and amazing pace. A few twist to a good conflict. A bit sad, a lot of happiness and thick on suspense.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Beautiful love story. Is not rushed, it has the perfect development throughout the book. Is sweet and cute!
- Writing Style: I loved it. Amazing characters, good plot and sweet romance.
- Freshness: This didn’t bring nothing very new. I mean, I knew who was the murderer, but I don’t care. I loved it the same!!! I was on the edge of my sit the same at the end. I felt the tension. So, who cares?
This was my first book by the author, but now I definitely will be following her.
I love cute romances with a bit of angst and a deep thoughts. I’ve also enjoyed that this wasn’t about bullying, or cliques at high school.
P.S I would love to read Charlotte’s book!!!
- Action 3/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 1/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? If you like YA cute romances with a bit of angst, totally!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I read more from the author? Ms. Hart has become a must read for me!!!
You MAY read this because you followed the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy romantic suspense; you MUST read this for a great YA love story!!!