I received this book for free from Goddess Fish Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by The Wild Rose Press on February 26, 2016
Genres: Time Travel, romance
Source: Goddess Fish Promotions
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble
Forty-five-year-old history teacher Bethany Anne Anderson wasn't supposed to die on her dream vacation to Scotland. Someone else was supposed to rescue the child from the falling druid stone. But she's perfectly fine with moving on to the hereafter. She has loved ones waiting for her. Then Tobias Morie, better known as Fate, steps in. Her intervention has changed the future. Before she can move on, she must first help him correct one of his own mistakes. That's fine until she wakes up in 1643 in the body of twenty-year-old Lady Elspeth Frasier. Worse, she's engaged to the very handsome, very young, very virile Quinton MacLeod. But that's not all Fate demands. She must give the Highland laird the heir he’d originally been denied.
Quinton MacLeod loved once. He won't do it again, even if he had time for such nonsense. With the Highland lairds divided between loyalty to their beloved country and the English king, he seeks only peace—in his keep and in his heart. But raised in England and a ward of the enemy, his beautiful new wife has strange notions of education and cleanliness that cause chaos within both. There's also the matter of her very unlady-like views on the marriage bed, which, come to think of it, he's more than happy to overlook. If only he could trust her.
Time For A Highlander
Unique; different; hot!!!
- The plot concept was amazing. It was very well constructed and even though everything is so far from reality, the author made it all very believable and realistic.
- The creativity of this book is beyond words. Ms. Mansfield was able to offer a twist on time travel reads, a twist on protagonist and antagonist, a play on what is evil and good. Really FANTASTIC!!!
- I was never sure what would come next. Really, everything about this book was unexpected. It keep me guessing until the end in a roller coaster of emotions. So much pain and love and hope and angst and laughs.
- This is a new to me author that I’m really excited to read more about. Do you know when you read something and you are sure you have to write this name because you expect amazing things yet from her? I was blown away with Ms. Mansfield creativity and writing skills.
- Oh, have I mention this is really hot? Wow! Steamy scenes alert! You will need cold shower afterwards.
- Beth’s ex was really over the top. I mean, he was bad, too bad! But that’s me picking at small details.
You MAY buy this book because you enjoy a man in a kilt; you SHOULD buy this book because you like time travel romances; you MUST buy this book to be blown away by something you have never read before!!!
Beth’s eyes flew open as warm hands gently shook her awake. “Elspeth, are ye or are ye nae still a maiden?”
She stared up into the stormy blue eyes of Lard Quinton MacLeod and shook her head no, then nodded yes.
“Which is it?”
She cleared her throat. “I swear to you, m—my lord, Elspeth Frasier MacLeod’s body is still untouched by any man.”
Quint smiled as he slowly brought his lips to hers. He chuckled. “Nae for long it isna.”
The heat of his kiss as his lips captured hers burned Beth with a passion that seared her to the depths of her being. She was helpless, defenseless against the onslaught. She opened in surrender as his tongue slipped between her lips. It was heaven.
“To begin with, yes, Bethany Ann Anderson’s body is dead, mashed flat as a pancake. Trust me, not a pretty sight. You, madam, have been given a new body. Well, really, it’s a very old body, as you are now in the past. Close to four hundred years in the past to be exact, in late March of Our Lord’s year 1643. You are presently at Frasier Castle on an island off the coast of Scotland, and you are now in the body of one Lady Elspeth Frasier who, after suffering a rather nasty fall and fatal bump to the head during dinner last night, no longer has need of it.”
Beth paced back and forth before the fireplace. How exactly did one go about explaining the unexplainable?
With her next pass, Quint pulled her onto his lap and nuzzled her ear. “It’s the middle of the night, my Beth. Ye said we need ta talk. If neither of us says anything, its nae talking, ye ken?”
She blew out a breath and looked her husband straight in the eye. “I’m not who you think I am.”
Quint chuckled. “Who are ye then? Ye look like my wife. Did the sidhe steal in through the window in the middle of the night and carry off my Beth? Are ye simply a pretty little boobrie they left in her place?”
Maxine Mansfield will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
September 27: More Books Than Livros
October 4: Up ‘Til Dawn Book Blog
October 4: Lampshade Reader
October 11: The Silver Dagger Scriptorium
October 11: Fabulous and Brunette
October 18: Notes From a Romantic’s Heart
October 18: Harlie’s Books