I received this book for free from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Choice by Shayla Black, Jenna Jacob, Isabella LaPearl
Series: Doms of Her Life: Heavenly Rising #1
on March 27, 2018
Genres: Erotic Romance, Ménage, BDSM
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Social Butterfly PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Also by this author: One Dom To Love, The Young and The Submissive, The Bold and The Dominant, The Edge Of Dominance
Heavenly Young doesn’t have time for romance. The innocent nursing student is struggling to care for her ailing father, keep a roof over their head, and start a new career. Then fate further complicates her life by dropping two very different men in her lap and forcing her to make a choice that will change her life forever.
The Choice, an all-new sexy romance from New York Times bestselling author Shayla Black and USA Today bestselling authors Jenna Jacob and Isabella LaPearl is coming March 27th!
Erotic Romance, BDSM, Ménage.
Book #1 of a series that overlaps in another series (Doms of Her Life). No, you can read this series without previous reading the other, but it was fun to be reminded of things and meet characters that I have loved before.
This is not a series with stand-alone books, there is cliffhanger at the end.
Wow! I think this started even better than Doms of Her Life. I already love all characters here, which took me longer in the previous series.
- Addictiveness: Even though it was a long book, I had a hard time putting it down. The story grabbed me at the beginning and soon I was invested in Heavenly’ story.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 They were all easy to like, connect and understand. Really, both heroes were great and the heroine was sweet. Even better was to see old characters from the previous series here. Beck and Seth were hot and fun at the same time. Heavenly started a bit too naïve for this world, but I can see how she is going to become a force. I’m certain that by the end of the series the shy little mouse will be leading her Doms. Great character development, they were all multidimensional and there is a lot of depth here.
- Cover: art 3/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m on the fence about this cover. I don’t love the art, but I adored the title. After reading the book, I couldn’t imagine any other title here. I’m uncertain if I like the colors/font, but I would buy this book without reading the blurb because of the authors.
- Freshness: After reading the first Dom’s series by the authors, I was expecting something similar. It wasn’t! Really, this was with less angst and a lot more fun. It feel one-of-a-kind!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 I love this plot! Great opening and ok ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues written very well written. Great pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists that gives the story a WOW moment and makes it believable and enjoyable. I felt everything here, happiness, sadness, awe, love. So so so good!!!
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 PERFECT! The development here was great. Heavenly’s doubts were believable. The chemistry was amazing. It was HOT!!!
- Writing Style: I love when these three writes together. It has the perfect balance of amazing plot, steamy romance and lovable characters.
- Heavenly’s little lies didn’t make any difference to the story. I don’t know, I’m only being overly critical here. Everything was so good.
Yes, not my first “rodeo” with these authors and it only keeps getting better. I loved the beginning of this new series, that I’m already obsessing about.
32/35 STARS – 4.5 stars (between 31.5 to 33/35)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 4 Cover: 3.5 Freshness: 4.5 Plot: 5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys BDSM/Ménage reads.
- Would I re-read this book? I will!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, I love what these three together create.
You MAY read this because you have read the first Dom series; you SHOULD read this because you like BDSM romance; you MUST read this because these of the amazing plot!!!
Raine’s big brother shoved a glass of thick red vino in her hand. “So, did you find someone to fuck your brains out?”
She recoiled. If she gave him an equally blunt answer, would he stop this mortifying inquisition?
“Yes. It was easy.” Heavenly punctuated her lie with a bright smile.
River glowered. “Tell me Beck or Seth finally manned up.”
“He’s someone you don’t know.”
One of River’s dark brows shot up. “Where did you meet him?”
“What does that mean? A park? A bar? A grocery store? A swingers’ club?”
“Why does it matter? I found someone and it was lovely.”
He looked skeptical. “Lovely? That’s how you describe meeting a stranger, losing your clothes, and banging him?”
Heavenly bristled. “How would you describe a hookup?”
“Hot, sweaty, messy. Mind-blowing. Spine-melting. Earth-shattering.” River snorted. “Never lovely.”
“Sweaty?” She shuddered. “That sounds unpleasant. It was nice. I…tingled.”
“Tingled?” He scowled. “Did your pussy fall asleep because he couldn’t find your clit? Maybe you should have given him a map.”
She nearly choked on her wine. “I found the experience perfectly satisfying.”
“Sweetheart, you don’t know squat about satisfaction.” Raine’s brother leaned in and peered at her, eye to eye. “Here’s what I think happened: You haven’t so much as flirted with another man. You don’t understand why ‘lovely’ sex is bad because you’ve never had it. In fact, not only did you not have sex with this mysterious ‘stud,’ you haven’t offered the virginity you asked me to take to anyone else.”
“What. The fuck. Did you say?” Beck growled suddenly.
Heavenly glanced over her shoulder. Both Beck and Seth glared from across the kitchen. Oh, no.
“Get out,” Seth snapped at River, hauling ass across the room. “Now. While you can still walk.”
Dread burned her veins. She didn’t have to wonder how much they’d overheard. Obviously, it had been more than enough. Tonight had just gone from mortifying to catastrophic.
River backed away, hands raised. “Hey, just so you know, I turned her down because I like my balls where they are.”
“That’s the only reason you’re getting to keep them,” Beck insisted. “Seth told you to get the fuck out.”
“I’m leaving,” River assured, then glanced her way. “Good luck.”
Once he’d gone, silence descended. She was alone with the two men who had been tempting, confusing, and consuming her for months. They were going to demand answers.
This wouldn’t end well.
Heavenly drew in a shaky breath, startled to find both now inches away, arms crossed over their chests. Aggression rolled off them, filling the tense air. Beck drilled holes through her with narrowed eyes, set off by a scathing slash of his mouth. Seth’s seething stare was no less displeased. Unfortunately, she had nothing to offer the savage beasts except a smile full of trembling bravado.
Because the truth would change everything.