Series: Sugar Rush #1
Published by Snow Queen Publishing on September 20, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: purchased for kindle on Amazon
Buy on Amazon
He may own a candy company, but this wealthy bachelor is no Willy Wonka.
Sugar Rush Candy Company CEO Luke Stone is a devoted businessman who doesn't do relationships. He does short-term affairs with clearly defined rules. But when a sexy bohemian sweetheart propositions him in a bar, Luke is tempted to want more.
Polly Lockhart is horrified when she wakes the morning after her twenty-fifth birthday to realize she made a fool of herself with a sinfully delicious man. She tells herself she doesn't have time for romance anyway, as she's fighting to keep her mother's beloved bakery afloat and finish her culinary studies. That all changes when her class tours the famed Sugar Rush headquarters, and Polly collides with her dream man again.
As she succumbs to their hot attraction, Polly soon realizes her bakery isn't the only thing that needs saving. Luke, driven and unyielding, will burn out unless someone convinces him to taste the sweetness of life. But can Polly remember this sugar rush is only temporary?
SWEET DREAMS is a sexy contemporary romance by New York Times bestselling author Nina Lane. It can be read as a standalone or enjoyed as part of the Sugar Rush series.
Also in this series: Sweet Life
Also by this author: Sweet Life, The Secret Thief
She’d thought men like him were a myth-the sexy, utterly masculine, controlling kind who made a girl want to drop her panties on the spot. by Polly
Polly Lockhart decides to take more risks in life after an epiphany. When she goes out with her best friend for her 25th birthday she decides to jump the bones of the sexiest man she sees inside the bar. Things doesn’t work how she had vision, but they do work as if fate was guiding her. Would she be brave enough to embark in a new journey? Would prince charming be waiting at the end of the rainbow?
Luke Stone, CEO of Sugar Rush candy company, likes to decompress by playing peasant in a blue-collar bar where nobody knows who he is. He only wants to play pool and relax, but he finds a sweet little thing that seems like he can’t avoid. Could he clear some space in his schedule for fun? Could he jump out of the boat and leave his family to float on their own?
- Addictiveness: This was an easy read for me. The story grabbed me from the start and I only stopped for a while because I needed to sleep.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Luke is an amazing character. He is powerful, controlling, intense, loyal and hot. He is a family man with an overprotective tendency and bit of caveman. Polly is his perfect fit. She is sweet, honest, loving and caring. I’m in love with the Stone family and I really look forward to meeting all siblings. In fact, I think even Julia and Warren deserve a book of their own. Both Luke and Polly shows growth throughout the story.They feel real. They are easy to love, connect and understand.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love this cover. I would buy without reading the blurb. It’s hot and fun! Both title and subtitles are relevant to the story.
- Freshness: There are a lot of things here that helped the story feel unique. There are a few surprises that keep the reader guessing and definitely wanting more.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 4/5 This book feels real. Ms. Lane writes the perfect plot from the open until the climax. The pace is steady and all subplots are well-developed and feel completed. There are no loose ends here.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 The couple’s chemistry can be felt from the moment their eyes crossed on the bar. The intensity and sparkle are high. Ms. Lane’s smut scenes are amazing and the heat is ON! Their romance grows accordingly and feels really believable. Their love story is a mixed of spice and sweet. Perfect!!!
- Writing Style: I love the author’s writing style. Ms. Lane is a wordsmith and I can’t find anything to fault at her book. The story has a perfect flow and is neither too short, nor too long. Amazing job!!!
- I decided to take half a star from my review because I believe the end was a bit abrupt. I love a happily ever after and I’m always looking forward to an epilogue. When there is no epilogue at least I expect a good flow to how it ends. It felt brusque.
You’re the glaze on my doughnut, the sugar on my cookie, and the chocolate on my éclair. by Luke
This is not my first book by Ms. Lane and definitely won’t be my last. I love her writing style. I love how she instill humor into her love stories and she makes time fly while reading her books. It was refreshing to read a true romance novel . There wasn’t a lot of angst here. There is a couple meeting, starting to like each other and learning their way into love. It was simple and pure!
I’m lucky that I’m starting book number two as soon as I finish this review. Can’t wait!
- Action 0/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance. In fact, this is a MUST READ!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? She is one of my top authors to go!
You MAY read this because you enjoy the author; you SHOULD read this because you want a great new series to follow; you MUST read this if you want a classical romance story with a bit of spice!!!