I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Strange Tango by Michelle Dayton
Series: Strange Tango #1
Published by Carina Press on June 19, 2017
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon UK
Diamonds are a thief's best friend
Adam Patrick Henry, professional jewel thief, knows an amateur—and a cheap wig—when he sees one. The mysterious woman across the room is far from a pro, but her good instincts might come in handy on his next job. He could use a partner, and if that partner happens to be irresistible, all the better.
Jessica Hughes has a long way to climb—and a whole lot to prove—before she's back where she belongs. A cruel setup cost Jessica her job and her reputation, and she's not opposed to a disguise and some underhanded tactics if it means getting her life back. But she's no thief, not really, and teaming up with a gorgeous stranger who's clearly up to no good might prove more dangerous than it's worth.
Working a job this big could give Adam and Jessica everything they've ever wanted—if their rocky partnership lasts long enough to carry it off.
Also by this author: Fast Ride
Book #1 of 3 novellas with the same main characters.
Fast-paced romantic suspense that has Adam and Jessica becoming partners for different reasons. Adam is a professional thief that is needing a partner for his next heist. Jessica is trying to clean up her name from a huge injustice done to her.
- Addictiveness: Very fast read that kept me on my toes. It was fun!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Wow! I’m really impressed here. Even though this is a novella, the author took her time building multi-dimensional characters with great background stories. Both Adam and Jessica are easy to love, connect and understand. Jessica was an amazing heroine. I’ve really enjoyed her. Can’t wait to see where her choices will take her on book #2.
- Freshness: There is nothing really original here, but everything was very well written that it has given a unique vibe.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and ok ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable. I have ending wanting more right now!!!
- Romance: believable 3.5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 3.5/5, steam 3/5 Great chemistry with good description. Their relationship is a bit rushed, but this is a novella, so it makes sense. Looking forward to see how their interaction will grow in book #2.
- Writing Style: I’ve loved it. Fast-paced, action-packed, good romance, amazing characters with great plot. What could have been better?
- Cover: art 3/5, title 4/5, subtitle N/A, color-font 2.5/5, buy 3/5 I wouldn’t buy this book by its cover only. I don’t know why, but I don’t like the colors and the art work is just ok.
- Plot: The end. I know this is a trilogy, but I can’t say an ending is perfect when there are cliffhangers. Looking forward to book #2.
I’m really impressed here. I wasn’t expecting something so good. It was a good surprise.
I’m a character-reader. This means I can read so-so plots if the characters are rich enough, have depth that helps me connect with them. Within this book we have AMAZING character development, in a great plot within a novella. Like I said, IMPRESSIVE! The author, didn’t leave any loopholes while building her characters background. Loved it!
Really looking forward to book #2!!!
- Action 4/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 4/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy a fast-paced romance filled with action.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I’m looking forward to it.
You MAY read this because you enjoy romance; you SHOULD read this because you like a bit of action in your read; you MUST read this because you want something fast and fun!!!