I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: The Dating By Numbers #2
on March 11, 2018
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: New Adult, Romantic Comedy
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
A wild, sexy, and heart-filled adventure of two strangers who meet in the most unlikely of places. This laugh out loud and heartwarming romantic comedy from bestselling author Meghan Quinn will keep you on the edge of your feet as you fall in love with the second book in the Dating by Numbers Series.
I don’t know what love is anymore.
Well, that’s not entirely true, but I’m going to tell you a little secret: I’ve lost the spark.
You know the kind of spark I’m talking about?
Where butterflies take flight in your stomach from two hands innocently colliding. Or catching your breath when you first meet someone attractive. Yeah, that spark.
Except I haven't felt that feeling in forever; there is nothing left inside of me.
Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem--but I’m a writer on a serious deadline, and my editor is breathing down my neck for a romantic, Nicholas Sparks type love story. No pressure, right?
That's how I find myself flying across the country to crash a wedding in the name of research, dress and heels stuffed into my small suitcase.
It should be the easiest book research ever. Drinking some free champagne, basking in the love of two strangers, and tapping into my romantic side. That’ll be a breeze. I'm a pro. I can handle this.
Until I mistakenly end up in the wrong hotel room, naked as the day I was born, with the sexiest human I have ever met staring me down, wondering what I'm doing taking a shower in his bathroom.
I don’t think calling it “research” will get me out of this mess.
But it will make for one hell of a story.
- Addictiveness: I love it. I couldn’t wait to read this book and I couldn’t put it down.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 4/5 Yes. Beck was kind of my favorite guy on the first book and now I’m even more in love with him. I love the rebel with a bit of angst. He is hot hot hot! I feel for him. Rylee is a great heroine also. She made me laugh so hard. Amazing growth for Beck and Rylee.
- Freshness: This is unusual, unique. You don’t find plots similar to this.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 I love the angst here in the middle of such funny book. I love how they both have something to hide. I like how they solve things and the dialogues are perfect!!!
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Wow. Beck is so so so so hot, that is impossible to do not feel the chemistry. I love how their romance grew between funny and light to intense and hot!
- Writing Style: You can never go wrong with one of Ms. Quinn’s book. She wrote a story that grabbed my attention and played with my emotions. It was fun with a bit of angst. Those characters had so much depth and the plot is superb.
- Cover: art 2.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 3.5/5, color-font 4/5, buy 3/5 I would only by this book looking at its cover, because of the author. But I don’t really like the cover art, even though I love the title and colors used here.
I love Ms. Quinn writing style. All her stories are fun with a dash of steamy and lots of love. Here she also brought a bit of angst, that has only added depth to her characters. Really amazing job!
- Action 2/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. Yes. Yes. You MUST read this!!!
- Would I re-read this book? Yes.
- Would I re-read this series? I’m looking forward to it.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes. Fun and sexy!!! What is not to like?
You MAY read this because you love the author; you SHOULD read this because you follow the series; you MUST read this because Beck is the perfect hero!!!
Chills scream their way down my arms and legs, my nipples pucker, and just like that, with one word, all humor vanishes from our little conversation and awareness of this all-consuming man wrapped around me hits me hard.
Gathering myself, I say, “Tell me something Chris and Justine know about you.”
“Hmm.” His thumbs hook under the waistband of my shorts, playing with the lower part of my hipbones. His touch spurs on my pelvis, needing to rock, begging for him to go lower. My toes curl in my sandals and my back slightly arches, reaching for more. “Something they know about me.”
His mouth doesn’t stray from its position against my ear, and his hips start to slowly move underneath me, his legs tangling with mine. Involuntarily, one of my hands hooks the back of his neck as I hold on tightly to him, feeling like I need support from the onslaught of sensation I’m feeling.
I hear him say something, but it doesn’t register in my brain, which has turned to mush as his thumbs stray from my hipbones to right above my pubic bone.
There is no denying how turned on I am, how wet I am from his mere touch, how much—despite my reservations—I want this man.
With each stroke, my head turns farther and farther to the side until our noses are touching, Beck’s head bends forward to meet me halfway. My eyes flutter shut for a brief moment before I open them and am captured by those flecks of green and gold.
The air stills around us, our breath mixing, swirling between us, our lips so close.
One swipe of this thumb.
I can’t breathe.
I can’t focus.
Another swipe, my head leans even closer, my tongue wetting my lips.
One more swipe . . .
My heart hammers in my chest, my skin prickling with awareness.
Beck brings his mouth even closer, only a whisper away now, and he waits.
His breathing feeling erratic beneath me.
And I’m gone.
I bring my mouth to his, slowly parting my lips ever so slightly, just enough to maneuver my mouth across his.
A low, provocative moan escapes Beck as one of his hands snags the back of my head and holds me in place, almost as if he lets go, I’ll disappear.
Needing more, I shift on his lap so I’m straddling him once again, my hands on his bare chest, feeling the powerful sinew that holds him together.
Our lips press and mold, mingling, taking, begging . . .
Beck’s tongue runs against my bottom lip, eliciting a moan from deep within me, lighting a fire so hot, so wild, my hands start to travel up his neck to his cheeks where I grip him, positioning his head so when I open my mouth, I can expertly dive my tongue onto his.
He groans, his lap shifting against mine now, his hard-on pressing against my wet and throbbing center. I match his rocking, using my position on his lap to take advantage of his length I can feel through his board shorts.
This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen, but God, am I happy it has. Maybe I really should live in the moment, maybe I should take advantage of the opportunity, maybe I should…