I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Forbidden Desires #4
on March 20, 2018
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary, Romantic Comedy
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo
A hot new standalone romance from New York Times bestseller, Kendall Ryan.
She's the tutor I hired to teach me Italian.
She's way too young for me, but she's also gorgeous, bright and filled with a curiosity about life that I find incredibly refreshing.
It's fucking adorable.
I’m old enough to know better, but this pretty young thing tempts me beyond belief. And for the first time in my life, I can see myself falling.
Is this what it's like to be pursued by an older man? The complete confidence, the lack of expectations, the sincerity?
My God, it's exhilarating.
Quinn Kingsley is totally unexpected. I'm moving to Italy in three weeks to teach English, and while I never expected something so real to develop between us so quickly, our chemistry is undeniable.
There's something so sexy about this back and forth he and I share. Flirting with this man is like playing with fire, and I'm bound to get burned.
Io sono attratto da te. I'm attracted to you, he tells me.
But is our attraction enough to get us through the complications of a massive age gap and an international love affair?
Only one way to find out…
Romantic Comedy with dual-POV.
Book #4 of the Forbidden Desires series, but completely stand-alone.
Each book was of one of the brothers, owners of Forbidden Desires escort services. I haven’t read any of the previous books, and I never felt like I was missing something.
- Character: hero 3/5, heroine 3.5/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 I’m a bit on the fence here. I’ve liked the family dynamic . I like the heroine, but didn’t like the hero so much. I wanted him to have more attitude. I don’t know, he was the older, more experience person of this relationship and I always felt like Alessandra was on the driving seat. Maybe he was a bit too gentleman for me, too sweet. 🙂 So, even though it was easy to understand them, I had a harder time connecting with them.
- Cover: art 3/5, title 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 4/5 Yes, I’m a cover slut. I buy books because of the cover without reading the blurb. I would probably even buy this one, BUT after reading this story I don’t think the art (even though hot) worked for this book. The title is amazing, but is all about Alessandra. But, if we are supposed to see a man on the cover, it should have something of a suit or a hint of the older man (which he is not really old, but compared to Alessandra, he is). I’m picky, I know, but I love “to read” a hint of the story on the art of covers. Font and colors were spot on!!!
- Freshness:I like the concept of the story, the idea feels new and different from what is out there.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 4/5, description 4/5, development 4/5, steam 3/5 This is a cute romance with a bit of slow build-up. The chemistry was good and the smut was well described.
- Addictiveness: As all Ms. Ryan’s book, this was a fast-paced , fun read. But because some of the plot felt flat for me, I wasn’t rushing to finish the story.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 3/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 3/5, opening 4/5, pace 3/5, setting 4/5, subplots 2/5, twists 2/5 Good opening and ending. Ok conflict and dialogue. Subplots, twists and pace were not good. It felt a bit flat. Too linear. Yes, I like the non angst of Ms. Ryan’s stories, but this one needed something to mixed things a bit. I needed one WOW moment, only one.
- Writing Style: Ok writing! It pains me to say this, because I love Ms. Ryan’s books. I read everything she writes. Her books are usually a really fun ride. This one had all the fundamentals of a good novel, but it missed something to really be placed into the memorable category for me.
This is not my first read by Ms. Ryan and it won’t be my last. I guess it only won’t be on my re-read list.
It wasn’t bad, but only ok. I guess it was a bit too sweet and slow for me.
24/35 STARS – which is a half star away from 3.5 stars review
Addictiveness: 3 Character: 3.5 Cover: 3.5 Freshness: 3.5 Plot: 3 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 3.5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys a sweet romance.
- Would I re-read this book? No.
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, Ms. Ryan is one of my to-go authors for Romantic Comedy, Contemporary.
You MAY read this because you followed the writer; you SHOULD read this because you have followed the series; you MUST read this if you like a cute, sweet romance!