I received this book for free from IndieSage PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Forbidden by Elisabeth Naughton
Series: House of Sin #1
Published by Elisabeth Naughton Publishing LLC on April 24, 2018
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Dark Erotic
Format: Digital, print
Source: IndieSage PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK
She has no idea what lurks behind the forbidden doors of the House of Sin…
He is temptation. Forbidden fruit. A craving I can't seem to resist.
I went after him in search of answers, certain he had blood on his hands. Now I've fallen prey to his seductive looks and commanding charisma.
I know he is a threat. He's entwined in a dangerous world I don't understand. But that doesn't stop me from aching for his touch, for the taste of his wicked lips.
Before I can truly surrender to the fire smoldering between us, I need to know more. I have to see behind the doors he keeps firmly locked.
I need to discover what he's hiding in the shadowy world known as the House of Sin…
This book is very sexy, very dark, and very addictive! Contains consensual kink and a dark and dominant hero with a dangerous secret. This is a big story that can't be told in only one book so there is a cliffhanger - but never fear, book two releases three weeks later. The release schedule is as follows:
Books in the House of Sin Series:
FORBIDDEN - Book 1 - April 24, 2018
DECEIVED - Book 2 - May 15, 2018
UNDONE - Book 3 - June 5, 2018
Dark Erotic Romance, BDSM.
Book #1 of a serial, so there is a cliffhanger.
- Addictiveness: Highly Addictive. This was intense, addictive that kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. Couldn’t let go!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes!!! All characters are multidimensional and with a great growth-arch. Luc is a Dominant, that comes from a evil family and struggles with himself because he can’t disassociate being a Dominant from the being a monster like his family. He is flaw and in his weakness he becomes real and lovable. Natalie is naïve, sweet fighting for her best-friend’s honor even after death. She is the perfect balm to heal Luc’s pain. She seems so weak, but she is the strongest of them all.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 4/5, buy 4/5 This cover is different from most out there. In its simplicity we can feel the strength almost vibrating through the door handle. Is meaningful to the story. The great title adds to the overall art of the cover. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: Unique! This book is definitely one-of-a-kind. Feels very fresh and new!
- Plot: believable 3.5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and ok ending. Really good conflict and well written dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story enjoyable even though difficult. This plot was amazing. It kept me on the edge of my seat, never knowing what would come next. There is no loopholes on this plot, everything is there for a reason and it all makes sense. Luc has been fighting to be different from his family his entire life. Much worst, he fights himself and his natural urges, of being a Dominant, because he is afraid of how close this could be from turning into a monster. He battles himself and his nature at the same time, he believes deep down, there is no scape from his horrible family. Natalie is sweet, naïve and looking for justice. Her acceptance of his Dominant side transforms him. But there are more secrets to be uncover, maybe secrets that will be too much for her.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 I loved it! They were perfect to each other. Their chemistry was crazy. The smut here is really well done, with many good scenes. The development of the relationship has the perfect balance of a believable love story.
- Writing Style: I’m so impressed with this. It was fabulous!!! Those characters and their emotions can be felt by the reader. The plot is really good and the romance is intense.
Wow! My first read by the author and I’m in shock.
Can’t wait for the rest!!!
32/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 5
- Action 3/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 3/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys a bit darkness into their romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. Can’t wait!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, looking forward.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like dark romance; you MUST read this because character development is amazing!!!
“You don’t want me,” he whispered in a lifeless voice, one I’d never heard from him. “You want a taste of the forbidden. Of what you think you saw at that party in New York. But what’s in me is not the same. It’s worse. It’s a darkness you can’t even imagine. And if you stay, it will devour you too.”
My heart thumped hard against my ribs as I tried to make sense of what he’d just said. I hadn’t been afraid once since I’d been with him, but I couldn’t deny the alarm sounding in my head as I looked into his haunted eyes. Because that was what they were, I realized. Haunted. By shadows and memories that sent icy fingers of dread down my spine. Whatever he was remembering, whatever he struggled with was so terrifying, it had just sucked the life out of his eyes right in front of me, leaving behind only a ghost of the man I’d spent the last few days with.
Could I survive that kind of darkness? I swallowed hard, trying to think.
He was right. What drew me to him wasn’t just his animal magnetism or his insanely good looks or even his overwhelming, protective nature. I was drawn to the very thing he seemed desperate to keep from me. To the danger swirling around him. To the shadows lurking in his eyes. To that forbidden darkness buried inside that was at the root of his need for dominance and control and even his hunger for me.