Cover Design: Wren Taylor
Format: Digital, print
Genres: Romantic Fantasy
Source: Goddess Fish Promotions
Buy on Amazon
Once Upon a Galaxy . . .
Zana Starchild is on a mission to restore her tribe’s livestock and save herself from one more meal of kelp. Sure, it’s technically illegal to visit Old Earth, but to a rim rat like Zana, galactic laws are really just guidelines. Her wrecked starship just means she’ll need to use her backup plan to get off the abandoned world, an old Earth legend her uncle passed down to her.
Pulled from a relaxing shower, across the galaxy to Old Earth, Galactic Marshall Kyle Kepler finds himself naked and marooned with a quirky rim rat. Zana’s broken more laws than Kyle can count, and he plans to arrest her, just as soon as he can find transport off the planet and a pair of pants.
A junk heap of a starship, a magical tree, and a roving gang of mutant kangaroos are just the beginning of rollicking intergalactic journey filled with laughs, love, and adventure.
Romantic Fantasy, more like Sci Fi Romance.
Book #3 of a series. This book can be read as a stand-alone. I haven’t read the first two books of the series and I’ve really enjoyed the story. But there were little snippets of the previous books and I feel like I must go back and read the series in order.
- Addictiveness: Highly Addictive. This was a fast, sexy, fun read! I could barely put the book down.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes!!! They were both so easy to love, connect and understand. Zana was sassy, a bit “primitive”and so fun. Kyle was the opposite. He was a marshal, from a totally different world than Zana. Oh, I fell in love with both characters and their Ying/Yang thing worked fine. They complemented each other.
- Cover: art 3.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 3.5/5, buy 3.5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. I don’t love the art work of this one, but it fits the story perfectly. I’m crazy about the title. It is perfect for the story. Being completely honest, I’m not sure I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: Unique! This book is definitely one-of-a-kind. Feels very fresh and new!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Really good conflict and fun dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable. This plot was amazing. It kept me on the edge of my seat, never knowing what would come next. There is no loopholes on this plot, everything is there for a reason and it all makes sense. I LOL from the beginning until the end of this book. The way the couple met was FANTASTIC. I’m still laughing here, just remembering. The world-built of this “old-Earth” was so interesting and captivating. This was a superb plot!
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 I loved it! They were perfect to each other. Zana was a bit more rustic than Kyle. She cussed a lot, broke the law a lot and at the same time was innocent. Kyle was more “refined”, didn’t cuss much, was part of the law. Their love story was funny and sexy!
- Writing Style: I’m so impressed with this. It was fabulous!!! Wonderful characters with fantastic plot and a sexy, fun romance. What is not to like?
- Nothing from the author really. I only believe that I should go back, read the first two books so I can enjoy this series even more.
My first book by this author and I’m very curious to stalk him a bit and see what else he has out there.
I can’t wait to continue the series!
32/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 3.5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 5
- Action 4/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys a fun, sexy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. Can’t wait!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, looking forward.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy Sci Fi Romance; you MUST read this because the writing is fresh and unique!!!
Gasping, she reached the top of the hill, her eyes glued to the tree. This had to be her uncle’s Soul Mate Tree.
She scanned her surroundings. Not another tree in sight anywhere.
The twisted, gnarled trunk was just as he’d described it. Golden bark with dark brown patches. Small, oval leaves, pale green on top with silvery undersides.
“Not really the way I planned on meeting Mr. Right.” She’d decided to avoid that little occurrence indefinitely. In her experience, men were nothing but trouble. They wanted sex, which meant babies, which meant settling down. And they wanted to control everything.
Nope, not ready for that.
According to her uncle, she just needed to touch the tree for it to work its magic.
She reached out, palming the bark as she scurried around to put the trunk between her and her pursuers. “Come on, tree. Get me out of here. Any time.”
She hoped her Soul Mate didn’t turn out to be Andel Narkol. The boy was big and strong, but dumb as a stump. Kennen Plankold had a little more sense, but his nasally voice . . .
Maybe it will be someone I don’t even know yet. Though she was pretty sure she’d met all the eligible men on Konga 10.
“What the hell!” Deep, golden, bassy tones exploded behind her.
“Stupid tree. You were supposed to send me to him, not bring him here.”
Her hand shook as she fired at the first roo to crest the hill. She missed by a mile.
What the hell was she supposed to do now?
“Give me that.” A large, well-muscled, bare arm reached over her shoulder to snatch the blaster from her hand. “Teleporting sentient beings is against galactic law,” he snarled.
Great, the love of her life sounded like a cop. Still, he had a big, bumpy, delicious looking arm.
S.C. Mitchell will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.