I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Fast Burn by Lori Foster
Series: Body Armor #4
Published by HQN Books on March 20, 2018
Genres: Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, Adult
Format: kindle e-book
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Kobo
For the woman who’s his perfect match, he’s willing to break the rules…
The moment Brand Berry meets beautiful, driven Sahara Silver, the connection between them is electric. It’s also something he can’t pursue. Sahara wants him, sure—to join Body Armor, where his MMA skills, size, and cocky attitude make him perfect for her elite crew of bodyguards. For Sahara, the agency always comes first, and Brand needs more. Yet when she’s kidnapped by men searching for her missing brother, he doesn’t hesitate.
Somewhere along the way, flirting with Brand for the sake of business turned very personal. Despite his refusal to join Body Armor, it’s Brand who steps up when she needs him most. Now there’s no more time for games, and no point denying the hunger they both feel. They’ll escape together or not at all. But if they survive, can Sahara finally surrender control to claim this blazing passion?
From New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster, comes FAST BURN —the fourth standalone novel in her Body Armor Series!
For the men of the Body Armor agency, the only thing more dangerous than the job they do is the risk of losing their hearts. Don’t miss Brand and Sahara’s epic story. Grab your copy today!
Romantic Suspense with multiple-POV. I love multiple-POV, is a lot of fun when we learn what everybody is thinking, even the “bad guy”.
Book #4 of a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I haven’t read any other book of this series, and I completely understood the story. Yes, I’m dying now, to go back and read the stories of all those amazing bodyguards/fighters.
- Addictiveness: I couldn’t put this book down. It was full of suspense, mystery and romance. It was fast-paced and kept me on the edge of my seat.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 3/5 They were all easy to love, connect and understand. Sahara is a KICK-ASS HEROINE. Really, she is fun, sexy and sassy. Oh, I really liked Brand also, I love an alpha male, but sometimes he was a bit too much of an alpha. 🙂 I love all the secondary characters and I’m looking forward to go back in the series to read their stories. O.M.G! I have to mention again how great Sahara is!
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 4/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I buy lots of books only because of the cover. This one, I would definitely buy without reading the blurb. The art is sexy, the title is perfect and the font and colors matched the sexy danger of the guy.
- Freshness: Yes, this feels unique. There is nothing here that I would say, wow, so original, but the overall feeling of the book was of something I haven’t read before.
- Plot: believable 3/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 I love this plot. This is the perfect sexy romantic suspense. It keeps the reader on the edge of the seat, at the same time wanting more and hot! It only didn’t feel really believable for real life, but who cares? It was amazing!
- Romance: believable 3/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 3/5, steam 5/5 They were explosive together. Really, they were hot! At the same time Brand played a hot-cold-hot game that frustrated me a bit. But their romance had a great build-up.
- Writing Style: Great!!! Perfect plot, wonderful heroine, sexy hero with lot of heat and romance in the mix. Oh, let’s not forget amazing suspense.
- Plot: Really, this is not very believable for real life. It didn’t bother me a bit, but I have to point it out. 🙂
This book was amazing and very addictive and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.
30.5/35 STARS – 4 stars between 28 and 31 stars
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 4 Cover: 4 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 5
- Action 4/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 4/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys a thrilling, steamy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes
- Would I re-read this series? Yes
- Would I read more from the author? I love Ms. Foster’s writing and I already buy her books, only because I see her name there.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this for a PERFECT plot with a KICK-ASS heroine.
Brand smoothed a tendril of thick, light brown hair that had escaped her pins. “You okay?”
That got her stepping quickly away. “Yes, of course.”
She brushed her palms against the tight material of her skirt over her thighs. “It was only a kiss.”
For some reason, it annoyed him that she downplayed the impact. “A kiss that had you crawling all over me, and you damn near yanked out my hair.”
Her eyes widened even more…and then she laughed. “We did get a little carried away.”
“A little,” he agreed, still nettled. Could she really be less affected than he was? Or was she hiding behind her usual cool persona?
“I’m fine.” She reached up to remove his sunglasses, then stroked her fingers through his hair. “But did I
Her touch ignited him all over again. Dangerous. He’d known that about her within minutes of their first introduction. Catching her wrists, he lowered her hands—but then couldn’t let go.
And she didn’t pull away. After a long look, she said, “We could…discuss this more tonight.”
Hell of a suggestion, but he’d damn near lost it in her office with Enoch just outside the door. If he had her alone, no way in hell would he be able to keep his hands off her. So he shook his head and explained, “I’m meeting the guys at a bar tonight.”
One slender brow arched up. “My guys?”
Did she think she owned them? “If you mean Leese, Justice and Miles, yeah, they’ll be there, but arriving at different times. I think Leese is between assignments, right? And both Miles and Justice should finish up for the day in time to join us.”
“A half‑dozen other fighters, some of their wives. You’ve met most of them.”
She nodded. “Will you be going to that quaint little hometown place, Rowdy’s?”
Damn it, did she plan to crash the party? Actually, how the hell did she know about Rowdy’s? He thought about asking her, but decided he’d be better off getting out of there. “That’s the plan, yeah.”
She waited, but when he said nothing more, she briefly looked wounded before giving him a cool smile. “Have fun then.” She went back behind her desk and turned on the monitor to her PC in clear dismissal. “Do let me know if you change your mind.”
“I won’t.” But he didn’t like being dismissed. “My sunglasses?”
As if she forgot she held them, she looked at her hand in surprise. “Oh sorry.” Nonchalant, she leaned forward, offering them to him without getting up, her attention still on the monitor.
Proving he had a perverse streak a mile wide, Brand let his fingers slowly graze hers as he took the glasses.
Her startled gaze flew to his face, but she only grinned, once again in full control. “Wicked, that’s what you are.” She fluttered her fingers at him. “Thanks for stopping by.”
And she went back to staring at the screen.
Left with nothing else to do, Brand walked out. That meeting hadn’t gone as planned, but then nothing with Sahara ever did.
He knew he’d done the right thing.
So then why did it feel like he’d been kicked in the chest?
And don’t miss the first standalone novels in the Body Armor Series!
AC Squared Book Blog – Excerpt
Books, Coffee & Passion – Excerpt
CJR The Brit – Excerpt
Sweet Red Reads – Excerpt
The Smut-Brarians – Review & Excerpt
A British Bookworm’s Blog – Review
Fire and Ice Book Reviews – Review & Excerpt
Irene Chart Loves Books – Review & Excerpt
Panty dropping Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Sofia Loves Books – Review & Excerpt
Thoughts of a Blonde – Excerpt
A Soccer Mom’s Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Book Munchies – Review & Excerpt
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews – Review & Excerpt
Jen’s Reading Obsession – Review & Excerpt
Kick Back & Review – Review
Adventures in Writing – Excerpt
Ever After Book Reviews – Excerpt
Oh My Growing TBR – Review & Excerpt
Reading Between the Wines Book Club – Excerpt
Reads All the Books – Review & Excerpt
Booknerd1107 – Review & Excerpt
Crystal’s Book World – Review & Excerpt
Only One More Page – Review & Excerpt
Romance Reviews and More – Review & Excerpt
The Reading Cafe – Review & Excerpt
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog – Review
Brittany’s Book Blog – Excerpt
Evermore Books – Review & Excerpt
Feel the Book – Review & Excerpt
Tfaulcbookreviews – Review & Excerpt
Kari’s Book Reviews and Revelations – Review & Excerpt
OMGReads – Review & Excerpt
Rockchick Addiction Reviews and Blog – Review & Excerpt
Two Crazy Ladies Love Romance – Review & Excerpt
Kitty’s Book Spot! – Review & Excerpt
Literary Misfit – Review & Excerpt
More Books Than Livros – Review & Excerpt
Reese’s Reviews – Review & Excerpt
StarAngels Reviews – Review & Excerpt
All Things Dark & Dirty – Excerpt
Becca the Bibliophile – Review & Excerpt
ContemporaryCween – Review & Excerpt
Naughty and Nice Book Blog – Review
We Do What We Want Reviews & More – Review & Excerpt
Books 2 Blog – Review & Excerpt
I’m A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore – Review & Excerpt
Jax’s Book Magic – Excerpt
MI Bookshelf – Review & Excerpt
One-Click Chocolate Chick – Review & Excerpt
The Book Maven – Review & Excerpt
Ashleyz Wonderland – Excerpt
Curvy and Nerdy – Review & Excerpt
Moonlight Rendezvous – Review & Excerpt
Renee Entress’s Blog – Review & Excerpt
Shannon’s Book Blog – Review & Excerpt