I received this book for free from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Endorsed by Marni Mann
Published by Marni Mann on April 5, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Erotic, Adult
Format: Digital, print
Source: Social Butterfly PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
My client's younger sister is off-f***ing-limits.
Getting my first big client signed to the NFL was the second best moment of my life. Escorting his sister back to her hotel was the first. Imagining what she would feel like, look like, taste like-none of it was as good as the real thing.
If her brother found out, it would destroy my career, so I ended things between us.
Eight years later, the girl who got away still owns me.
First, I'll make her forgive me, and then I'm going to make her mine.
He's owned my body for far too long.
It's been years since he touched me, and my skin still remembers every brush, stroke, and thrust. I want to forget how good it felt. Almost as much as I want to do it again.
We can't finish what we started until I make my confession.
I have a secret-one that wasn't mine to keep.
Before he can love me, he'll have to find some way to forgive me.
Contemporary, Erotic Romance; dual-pov (one chapter with a third pov)
Stand-alone romance, but with characters from other books of the author.
Fast-paced; cute; hot!!!
- Addictiveness: I love this book. I couldn’t put it down. It was amazing!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Oh! I love them all! Jack is hot, driven and amazing! Samantha has set a path for herself. She is so strong and beautiful. So many amazing secondary characters, I don’t even know whom I like best. Can’t wait for Max’s book now!
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 4/5, color-font 4/5, buy 4/5 This is a good cover. It has the perfect title for the story, with good cover art. I can see Jack in this picture and I love the hint of a palm tree on the back, giving the perfect background for the story. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues very well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that made this story believable and enjoyable. Amazing! No loose ends, everything is there for a reason.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 This was probably my favorite love story of 2018. I’ve loved how it developed. Their chemistry was crazy, the descriptions of scenes were sexy without being vulgar. This was HOT! Really panty-wetter hot! I-need-a-cold-shower type of heat!
- Writing Style: I’m in love. Really, perfect characters with wonderful plot and a very steamy romance. What is not to like?
- Freshness: From the prologue I knew what was the secret and what would happen. I don’t really mind the lack of originality when a book has a great plot that has been very well written.
My first book from the author and I’m in love. So good!
31.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (between 31.5 stars and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2.5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? This book is a MUST READ for anyone that enjoys steamy romance.
- Would I re-read this book?Yes
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I will definitely follow her work.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you follow the series; you MUST read this for an incredible steamy romance!!!
When my hand wasn’t on the gearshift, it was on her thigh. Her skin was hot. Tight. But it didn’t give me the heat I was after, so I went to search for it, dragging my fingers higher on her leg. My thumb then dipped below the hem of her dress, tracing a small pattern over her flesh.
“Samantha, I need you to do something for me.”
She took a breath that ended with the softest moan. “Okay.”
“I need you to shift when I tell you to.”
“Because I need one hand on the steering wheel while the other is inside your cunt.”
“Shift into third.”
She quickly reached across my arm, grabbing the gearstick and moving it like I’d asked her to.
My fingers climbed several inches higher, feeling the space widen as she spread her legs apart. “Now, go to second.” As I rose to the outside of her pussy, I expected to feel her panties.
There was nothing.
Just a bare pussy and a clit that needed me to rub it.
“Jesus,” I hissed. “Neutral. Shift right now.”
We were coming to a stop at the red light. Before the car completely slowed, my pointer finger traced around her entrance to wet the tip, and I slid right in.
“Oh my God,” she groaned. “Your hands.”
She’d missed them.
They’d missed her.
And she was about to get a hell of a lot more.