I received this book for free from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on May 1, 2018
Cover Design: Be Designs
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy
Source: Social Butterfly PR
Buy on Amazon
From two USA Today bestselling authors comes a tale of miscommunication and muffins.
Romy Love knows weddings. As the author of a hugely successful wedding blog, you’d think she’d have love covered. It is her last name, after all.
When it comes to her big day, Romy has the flowers picked out, a dress collecting dust in the back of her closet, and a preacher on standby. There’s just one problem: the groom doesn’t know it yet.
Romy has eyes for the Italian coffee god and single dad who owns the bakery in her building—she also has plans for his delicious buns—but in order to get her happily-ever-after, she has a few things to check off her list first:
Lose twenty pounds
Take over the blogging world one wedding at a time
Make Coffee Hottie fall in love with me
Yeah, this shouldn’t be difficult at all.
Bittersweet, an all-new hilarious romantic standalone from USA Today bestselling authors Carmen Jenner & Lauren McKellar is available NOW!
Grab your copy today or read FREE In Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2HCbUup
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/BittersweetCJLM
Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39145830-bittersweet
Romantic Comedy; Contemporary Romance.
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive. Very fast and easy read, that can be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Both characters are easy to love, connect and understand. Romy loves wedding and the idea of marriage and the perfect family. She has been hurt in the past and is afraid of risking again. Her self-esteem is low and she believes she is fat and not very appealing. Because of that, even though she has been crushing on Elio for one year, she doesn’t believe he could ever like her. Elio is a very responsible business owner that does everything for his family. He also has been hurt in the past and have been holding out for stupid reasons for a year. They both have a few TSTL moments. Their miscommunication causes several unnecessary problems into what could have been a very simple relationship. Romy definitely needed a few smacks for creating a mess out of nowhere. They seem very easy characters, but they both have some depth to their stories. Very likable! Several great secondary characters. I would love to read Bianca and Nico’s story.
- Cover: art 4.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 4/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. This one is great. I can see Romy and Elio in this art. I love the colors used, it gives this sweet vibe that the story has. I think the title is very fitting and I would buy this book just because of its cover without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: This may not have anything that I could say “oh, wow, so original”, but the overall feeling is FRESH, NEW. This was supposed to be a very expected plot, but the authors used several twists that were unexpected. It felt UNIQUE!
- Plot: believable 3.5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 3/5, twists 5/5 Good opening and great ending. Unexpected conflict and fun dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few twists that gave this story a bit of angst, even though it is a romcom. I like how the authors approached big issue like self-image in a light way. I’ve also loved the end, really unexpected, the authors didn’t go the usual route.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 4/5, steam 4/5 I love these sweet, flirty, fun romance. It was obvious from the beginning that they both liked each other, and were both afraid of taking a risk. The development of the love story was perfect and very believable. There is some great smut in the book. Good descriptions, with scenes pertinent to the plot.
- Writing Style: Great characters, unexpected plot and cute romance!
- Plot: First, I really did not understand why that scene of them on the trail, why seeing her friend/ex-friend like that. It didn’t add anything to the plot. Also, the subplot with Marco was really interesting, but for Romy to be with both Marco and Elio in a matter of two days, a bit too much.
This was my first book by the authors, but definitely not my last. I’m looking forward to read more from them. In fact, I would love to read Bianca and Nico’s book.
28.5/35 STARS – 4 STARS (4 stars between 28 and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 4 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 3.5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4
- Action 2/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys fun, sexy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Is a stand-alone, but I would follow a series with these characters.
- Would I read more from the authors? Yes, looking forward to.
You MAY read this because you like the authors; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy cute romance; you MUST read this because it has amazing characters that you want to be friends with!!!
Confident I no longer look like a cave troll, I grab my keys and wallet and rush downstairs. Elio is just turning the sign in the window when I virtually slam my body against it because I was running full-tilt down the stairs, and I can’t slow my velocity. He gives a startled laugh, and I flame bright red.
Elio abandons his ‘closed sign and opens the door.“Hey.”
“Hi. Sorry about that.”
“Couldn’t wait to see me, huh?” His eyes burn with mischief. I blush and desire arcs through me, because really, it should be illegal for anyone to look that delicious in jeans and a T-shirt with a dishtowel slung over his shoulder.
“Ha! Yeah.” I shake my head.“I mean no. I mean, Coffee. I’m lagging. Please, I’m really sorry. I know you’re closed and you wanna get home, and why wouldn’t you? It’s not like you want to stay at the shop all day when there’s wine to drink and cheese to nibble and classic books to read.”
He frowns.“That’s your impression of me? That I nibble cheese while reading classic literature.”
“And the wine,” my mouth supplies unhelpfully.
He chuckles.“You may need a crash course in what men do after work. Here’s a hint: it’s not nibbling anything. Unless, of course, it comes to ear lobes.”
Oh, wow. Okay. I would definitely prefer that to an expensive gouda.
He grins.“Come on. I’ll do you better than just a coffee.”
“Excuse me?” I squeak.
Now he laughs outright.“Relax,Romy. My nonna is here, my sister too, and a bossy four-year-old. I promise, I won’t bite.”
Not even if I want you to?