I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing, NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Saving It by Monica Murphy
Published by Entangled: Crush on November 6, 2017
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Entangled Publishing, NetGalley
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Google Play, Buy on BAM!, Buy on !ndigo
Eden: Josh Evans and I have been best friends forever. He knows all my secrets, and I know all of his. So when he randomly asks me to help him lose his virginity, I sort of flip out. That’s a question that sends your mind to places you’ve seriously never considered before. Like, you know. Having sex. With your best friend. Except Josh doesn’t want to have sex with me—he wants me to help him find a girl. A nice girl who’s funny and smart and cute. Except he already knows a girl just like that...
Josh: Eden Sumner is my best friend. So of course she’d be the person to help me find my perfect match, so I can drop my V card before I head off to college. Except the more we search, the more I realize that maybe the right girl has been by my side all along. I don’t need Eden’s help in finding me a girl to love. I’m pretty sure I’m already in love with Eden. But now she thinks I’m only after one thing...with anyone but her.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book is what happens when American Pie meets Friends with Benefits. It contains two best friends, plenty of angst, and lots and lots of sex talk. Reading this might have you looking at your best friend in a different light!
Also by this author: Pretty Dead Girls, Her Defiant Heart
I think I’ve been waiting for you all this time, like subconsciously or whatever. Saving it special, just for you. by Josh
Josh is embarrassed of being the only boy in his basketball team still a virgin. He decides he needs help and asks his best friend, Eden, to help him find the perfect girl for that moment. Eden is unsure if she should help Josh, but she can’t say no to her best friend. While helping him find the perfect girl her feelings for Josh becomes confusing. They don’t want to cross the line of their friendship and risk loosing what they have together. Can best friends become a couple without loosing their friendship? Or after couples cross that threshold they can never get their camaraderie back?
- Cover: I adore this one. It’s cute, sweet and fun! I can guess its going to be a YA romance. I could also guess a strong friendship in how they seem happy with each other and totally comfortable. I also love the title. I could even guess we are going to read about virginity with that title.
- Plot: This book was fast-paced, kept me guessing and I’ve ended wanting more. The author’s ideas were cohesive with no loopholes.
- Characters: I believe this book is all about its characters. They shine through it. Josh is wonderful. A great friend and person. He has an amazing foundation that gives you certainty that he will become an awesome man. Eden is lovely and an incredible friend. What she did for Josh went beyond what most friends would do.
- Heat: I like the couple’s chemistry. It was not instantaneous. We saw the growth of their awareness of each other. We felt their friendship becoming something more. It was obvious from the beginning that they had an amazing foundation to become a duo.
- Freshness: I like the author’s creativity. It felt unique the way she portray their sexual discoveries. Their road into their sexuality was beautiful and touching. I even liked the Bachelor’s idea. It was fun!
- Addictiveness: This was a very easy read for me. I had no trouble spending my Saturday reading this book. It has an amazing flow and I didn’t need any break from it.
- I really don’t know how the author could improve on this one. I’ve truly enjoyed everything.
See that’s the thing when you fall in love with your best friend. They know all your faults and your strengths, they know how to tease you, how to make you laugh, how to console you when you’re inconsolable, how to get under your skin. They know your secrets and your fears and what brings you happiness. by Eden
Saving It feels real and very current. Being a mother of three teenagers I could see Josh and Eden’s struggles as something that I see everyday at my house. I have fallen in love with Joshua and I can definitely hope my sons are somewhat as thoughtful and mindful of his friends as Josh.
Josh and Eden’s journey from an amazing friendship into lovers is poignant and emotional. I’ve ended this book feeling nostalgic and excited to imagine my kids experiencing all this wonderful, confusing roller coaster of emotions that only a love story can give.
You MAY read this book because you enjoy the author; you SHOULD read this book because you like YA reads; you MUST read this book if you love a TRUE love story!!!