I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity, NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Guardian by Anna del Mar
Series: A Wounded Warrior #3
Genres: Romantic Suspense, Military
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Barclay Publicity, NetGalley
Buy on Amazon
From the Amazon Bestseller author of the The Asset comes The Guardian.
Game Warden Matthias Hawking is a decorated ex-SEAL engaged in a grueling fight against ruthless poachers in Africa. He’s short on resources and long on enemies. There’s a price on his head. The last thing he needs is the unexpected arrival of a beautiful but stubborn journalist threatening to uncover his secrets, an alpha female challenging his alpha male and getting into trouble, a hurricane wearing boots.
Jade Romo is a veteran of several different kinds of war. She’s survived her heroin-addicted mother, the foster care system, and the conflict in Afghanistan. Jade’s tough, confident, cynical, and self-reliant, a woman who doesn’t believe in forevers. But when she defies the poachers and lands at the top of the warlord’s kill list, she’s forced to rely on the skilled, attractive but supremely infuriating game warden who has captivated her body’s undivided attention.
Haunted by his past but driven by his courage, her mysterious guardian will do anything in his power to protect the woman who has captured his heart.
Book three of the Wounded Warrior series
Under my rules of limited engagement, looking was fine. Ogling was stupid. Salivating was downright forbidden.
- Cover: I like the cover. It sends the right message. I know it’s going to be a military romance. I can sort of guess the setting. I also like the mood with the beautiful sunset in the background. I find his arms very sexy.
- Plot: It was a great one. It is a fast-paced read. It kept me guessing until the end. It has a nice flow between characters. It’s very cohesive and I love all the history behind. It’s a current topic, very well described by the author. I love dual voice protagonist. I’ve ended the book wanting to read more.
- Characters: I like them both. Mathias is a alpha male at the same time he was very patient with Jade that was a very alpha female. He knew when was time to fight and when was time to surrender. Jade is very strong, very set in her own ways, she is a kickass heroine.
- Heat: It was well balance the amount of sexy scenes into the plot. It was good.
- Addictiveness: I sort of read in two big gulps. It was almost hard to put down.
- Freshness: I guess I can’t say I haven’t read anything similar before, but at the same time I don’t mind it when is a well written story that hooks me like this one.
- Characters: Even though I like them both, I haven’t loved any of them. They are both good, but I wish I could have really connected with one of them at least.
- Ms. Del Mar has really hooked me with such a current topic for her love story. I’ve really liked all the current history that served as backdrop for this wonderful journey in Africa. I’ve also enjoyed the little bit of transcendental experience with the elephants.
- Even though I haven’t read the first two books of the series, I haven’t really missed it. It’s a total stand-alone novel inside a series.
- I’m really intrigue and look forward to read previous books of the series and what is coming next.
You MAY buy this book because you like the series; you SHOULD buy this book if you have read Ms. Del Mar before; but you MUST buy this book if you want a very well written romance with a wonderful setting to back it up!