I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Tic Tac Love by A.M. Willard
on March 14, 2018
Cover Design: MadHat Books
Genres: Romantic Comedy, Adult
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Audible, Buy on Harlequin
For as long as I can remember, I've been in love with Paxton West. I've planned our wedding in my head a million times. What our babies would look like. How we would grow old together and still play our favorite game- Tic-Tac-Toe.
However, we have one problem.
Paxton doesn't believe in true love, soul mates, or happily ever after. Oh, did I also tell you he doesn't want kids? It also means I can't explain to him that he's the only guy for me, or about my-our-current situation.
The past started with a game of X's and O's.
Then came the miles and miles that kept us apart.
Next came tequila shots... They're never a great idea.
Now, more than ever, the future scares the crap out of me. If my plan backfires, I could not only lose my best friend but the love of my life.
Dang those tequila shots.
Also by this author: Sugary Sweets, Frosted Sweets, Spicy Sweets
- Addictiveness: This is a sweet romantic comedy. I was a bit distracted at the beginning and ended up reading in two sittings. After 30% of the read it picked it up for me and I read the rest of the book in one gulp.
- Freshness: I like the play with the game tic tac toe and their romance. It was creative and unique.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 3.5/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 4/5, pace 3.5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Good opening and ok ending. I’ve missed an epilogue. Perfect conflict and fun dialogues. Ok pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. It felt a bit slow at the beginning but it become better along the way. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable. I have enjoyed the twists added by the author.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 This is a love story. It was easy to see they loved each other. It was easy to believe their love story. Their romance was cute and sweet. Their scenes were good.
- Writing Style: I really like Ms. Willard’s writing even though this book is a bit more on the sweet side. Good plot, with a creative idea behind it. Cute romance.
- Character: hero 3.5/5, heroine 3/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 3/5, real 4/5 I had trouble connecting with both main characters. The hero was ok and the heroine was so so. They were not bad, just not great. I don’t know Belle was selfish and annoying and Paxton didn’t have enough attitude for me. There were some interesting secondary characters. I like their friends.
- Cover: art 2.5/5, title 4/5, subtitle 4.5/5, color-font 4/5, buy 3/5 I don’t like the art here. The white shirt with white background makes it bad and the overall work looks too sweet. I really like the title, subtitle and color of fonts. I don’t think I would buy this book just by the cover.
I’m a fan of the author and I read everything she writes. This wasn’t one of my favorites but it has a lot of her great writing here. The plot is interesting, the romance is cute and the group of friends felt real. I only had a hard time with both main characters which distracted me a bit from the read.
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 4/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy sweet romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Not a series.
- Would I read more from the author? I love the author and I read everything she writes.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like romantic comedy; you MUST read this for a sweet romance!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card