I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Man Handler by Shari J. Ryan
Series: Man Cave #3
on March 28, 2018
Cover Design: MadHat Books
Genres: Romantic Comedy, Adult
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
Blytheville, South Carolina—have you heard of it? No? Yeah, neither had I, until today. Want to know why? It’s in the middle of nowhere, and I’ve been given the ultimatum of either living on the street in Boston or accepting a job transfer down to this blank spot on the map where people say things like: “Bless Your Heart,” “Over Yonder,” and “I reckon.” Oh, and they don’t cuss, which makes survival a bit challenging for me with my flavorful vocabulary.
I’ll cut to the chase. On day one of my new Southern lifestyle, I land myself in the hospital and meet Austin, one of the two nurses on staff. I would consider this guy absolutely gorgeous if I were into the whole tanned, smokey-blue eyes, and messy sex-hair look, but I’m … not. Okay, I’m lying. If Austin wasn’t my type before, he definitely is now. However, I was sort of rude to him. While I’m sure my first impression was probably my last, maybe I can turn on a little Southern charm (if I can figure out how to do that) and change his mind.
This chick is crazy, hot as hell, and more wound up than a taunted wild animal. I might be out of my mind, but I’m intrigued by her short temper and lack of filter.
She thinks I’m just funny and sweet as pie, which I know annoys her, but she hasn’t spent time with me outside of work yet, so she doesn’t know I can dish out more than she can take. Miss Scarlett thinks she’s tough and intimidating because she’s from big, bad Boston, but she’s about to learn how things really go down in the South.
The question is, will Scarlett and Austin ever see to eye-to-eye, or will they give up the fight long enough to see what they’ve been missing?
Also by this author: Man Flu, Darkest Perception
“I needed a strong woman to handle me, and I’m grateful I found you.” by Austin “Some men just need to find the perfect man handler, and I’m happy to be that person in your life, Austin Trace.” by Scarlett
- Addictiveness: I couldn’t let it go. The story was very addictive. It was fun, hot and frustrating. 🙂
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 I loved them all. Really, both Austin and Scarlett had a bit of spice. They were so easy to love, connect and understand. I felt like one of their friends and was really invested on their happily-ever-after. I also loved all the secondary characters. Both main characters have very well developed backgrounds. They had depth.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Perfect! You only have to look at the art to understand what I’m talking about. The man is hot and I like the little details that matches Austin, like the tattoos and the stethoscope. I also like the font and colors. The blue/purple works well with the white background.
- Freshness: One-of-a-kind. Really I don’t remember reading anything like it. The plot is original and feels fresh.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues written by someone who really knows how to create rom-coms. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story very enjoyable. I LOL a lot, I felt like knocking some sense sometimes into Austin and Scarlett and I felt their pain. I love how Ms. Ryan can write in fun, light way, even some very heavy stuff.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 I’ve loved everything. The perfect balance of steam and romance. The descriptions were great, but there was no scene that didn’t have a reason to be there. Amazing development of their love story, and it didn’t feel rushed.
- Writing Style: Perfect plot, amazing characters with enough kick to have me not wanting to let go.
- I can’t think of anything that could have been better.
This was my favorite book of the series. I can’t think of how this could have been better. Both characters were easy to relate. Their story had the perfect amount of romance and LOL moments.
I don’t easily give five stars to reviews, usually a book has to touch me somehow and leave me without explanation for it. I love this story and couldn’t think of anything that I would have changed here.
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys romantic comedy. In fact, this is a MUST!!!!
- Would I re-read this book? I’m certain I will!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, Ms. Ryan is becoming of my to-go authors for Romantic Comedy.
You MAY read this because you followed the series; you SHOULD read this because you like romantic comedies; you MUST read this to a lot of L.O.L moments!!!
Man Servant: A Man Standalone (Man Cave- A Standalone Collection Book 1)
Man Flu: A Man Standalone (Man Cave- A Standalone Collection Book 2)
Man Handler: A Man Standalone (Man Cave- A Standalone Collection Book 3)
Signed Paperback of Man Handler and $20 Amazon Gift Card