I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Man Flu by Shari J. Ryan
on January 17, 2018
Cover Design: MadHat Books
Genres: Romantic Comedy
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
I was trying to live every woman's dream, except my reality has been nothing but a nightmare job and a divorce at the age of thirty-two. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, my ex-husband, Rick, moved in next door with his life-size Barbie doll. So, that's been fun.
Then, life pitched me a curve-ball in the form of a retired major-league baseball player, Logan Grier. With his panty-dropping smile, he’s like an expertly photoshopped version of David Beckham, and he's single. Could life be perfect after all? Of course not. As always, there had to be a catch. Logan had a secret, and I couldn’t help feeling like the truth was dangling right in front of my face.
With Rick’s daily agenda of torturing me, Logan has been an enticing distraction, despite the little fact that he’s my temporary employee. Plus, I didn’t exactly care that his flirty behavior may have been a plan to get in good with the boss. In any case, I was willing to toss a few balls with him, seeing as my playing field hadn’t had any action in over a year.
That’s when it happened…my two worlds collided. Hot temp met the ex, and a full-on bromance was born, but that’s only the beginning.
The “man flu” has come out of nowhere and hit both Logan and Rick with a virus they’re claiming to be worse than childbirth. In fact, they’re pretty sure their end is near.
Will the “man flu” be the kiss of death, or will it be my window for an opportunistic change?
Also by this author: The Man Handler, Darkest Perception
That it might be exactly what I want-precisely what I’ve needed-and ultimately, what I’ve never had. by Hannah
Romantic comedy, with lots of plot twists.
Hannah’s life feels like in a moratorium. Her only pleasure is to play “words with friends” in her phone. She lives for her five-year old daughter and her job. Worst than that, her cheating ex-husband has moved next to her with his flavor of the month.
Ex-pro baseball player, Logan, is retired and looking for something more in his life. He got himself a temporary job. Now he is pinning for his boss.
In a twist of fate, Hannah pass her flu virus to Logan and her ex-husband. Like men when got sick, they act as if they are dying. She has to put up with both of them sick and bonding.
While they decide to play house together, she has to take care of her own flu, her job, her five years old daughter and both sick men.
Why women’s flu is never as threatening as men’s?
- Addictiveness: Light, fun and sexy!!! Easy read, that makes you laugh out loud and can be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4.5/5, secondary characters 4.5/5, growth 4/5, real 5/5 First, I have to say these characters could be any of us. They are easy to love, connect and understand because they are so believable. Hannah is a great heroine. A warrior, like many women out there. A single parent, with full-time job and an annoying ex-husband. Logan is a good hero. Cora and Brielle are the best secondary characters ever. They both made me laugh so much.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 This cover is so perfect that I can confess to have chosen to read this book without even reading the blurb. This art job is perfection. The guy is hot and we know he is involved with baseball. The title is brilliant and the box of Kleenex give us a hint of comedy.
- Freshness: Incredibly creative. Come on, we all know how men are such babies while sick. Ms. Ryan has written a book about this. So unique!!!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Funny! This is really fun, but at the same time very believable. The conflict, the characters and the love story felt real. When I thought it couldn’t get better, there were plot twists.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 4/5, description 4/5, development 4/5, steam 3/5 Their chemistry was hot! At the same time, Logan was very sweet. They have some hot moments but also lots of TLC too.
- Writing Style: Ms. Ryan writing is really great. She wrote a cohesive story with great character development and a few plot twists. Even the tough subjects, were turn into light, fun topics to read.
- Plot: I think the pace bothered me sometimes. It all happened too fast.
My first book from the author, but definitely not my last. I had fun while reading this book and I would recommend this to everyone that likes to LOL while reading love stories.
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2.5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance. In fact, this is a MUST READ for a good time!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Is a stand-alone.
- Would I read more from the author? I’m really looking forward to read more from Ms. Ryan.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy a good romance; you MUST read this for some great LOL moments!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card