I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Crowd Pleaser by Marie James
on March 14, 2018
Cover Design: Letitia Hasser / RBA Designs
Genres: Contemporary, Erotic Romance, Adult
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Audible
You know those love stories you read about? The ones where the heroine remains untouched, virgin-like, until she meets the man of her dreams?
The stories where she's always in the shadows, always on the outside, no one knowing her name until she meets her one and only? A shy glance across the room at her first ever college party captivates the man she'll soon fall in love with?
This story isn't that.
In this story, everyone who's anyone has seen the heaviness of her tits. They've all heard the soft moan she makes when a man slides inside. They've all heard her whimpers, heard her begging for more.
Her name is Randi Simms.
And she's a Crowd Pleaser.
Wow!!! I’m still a bit speechless here and unsure of what I should say.
Erotic, contemporary romance, with dual-POV.
Stand-alone romance, book-boyfriend hero and kick-ass heroine.
First, I have to mention that the blurb was very catching at the same time very vague. I had no idea what I was going to read. You won’t get anything else from me either, because the author has a reason for doing this way, and it worked for me.
When I started the book, I was like, ok, this is going to be an erotica novel. I like erotica and I was ready for the hot read I would embark on.
My mistake. I wasn’t ready at all and I didn’t know what was coming my way. I’m shocked of how emotional this read was for me!
- Addictiveness: Yes! This was one of those book that keep me on the edge of my sit, sometimes squirming because it was really hot and other times because I couldn’t wait for what was going to happen. This is not an action/adventurous read, but it felt like it. Read into the night in one sitting because I couldn’t let go of it.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 O.M.G! Really, these characters… Perfect hero, superb heroine, amazing secondary characters. There was no way for me, but become invested in their happiness and feeling a bit responsible for the outcome of their lives. I felt like crying and laughing with them. I’ve mentally slapped them a few times and I wanted to hug them and tell them everything would be all right other times. They were easy to love, connect and understand. They felt real, even though in a surreal situation.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love the cover and would buy this book without reading the blurb (even though I have chosen to read this before the cover was out, and because the blurb was very catching). This cover is perfect for the story. The smoking hot guy sitting on a bed, watching a sexy woman video on the computer. How cool is that? The title fits and the colors used here enhance the overall effect of the cover. I only wished the male model had more tattoos to fit Jake better.
- Freshness: Only one word to describe this: UNIQUE! Really, this is a one-of-a-kind. Plot totally different from everything that is out there. Reads almost like erotica but has lots of depth.
- Plot: believable 3.5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues written by an expert. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that adds spice to the book. Lots of depth here. A roller-coaster of emotions. Behind the raunchy sex, there were divine characters.
- Romance: believable 3.5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 This is HOT! I mean cold-shower hot. So hot, that you feel embarrassed reading in front of others. The couple’s chemistry is explosive, the smut description is great and their romance development is perfect.
- Writing Style: Amazing! Perfect characters, divine plot with enough emotions that keeps the reader wanting more.
- I have no idea. I guess if some of these amazing secondary characters could get a book of their own.
I have no idea why I haven’t read any of Ms. James book’s before. I’m certain I have missed out. Nothing as good as this book could be a fluke.
Have I mentioned how shocked I am? Really, I was expecting a lot of smut and a hot ride. Not an out-of-body experience where I felt like crying and laughing all the time. Oh yeah, one of the hottest reads out there, but it was not meaningless. It was there to break preconceptions and to make us think of how we usually act with the flow. So easily throwing judgment and acting under certain rules that makes us feel entitled.
Yes, my review is messy, but so are my emotions around this book.
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 4.5 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 1/5
- Angst 3/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance with lots of spice. In fact, this is a MUST READ!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Not a series, even though I wish it was.
- Would I read more from the author? I need to do this A.S.A.P!!!
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like erotic romance; you MUST read this to be SHOCKED (good shocking)!!!!!
Signed Paperback for Crowd Pleaser & $25 Amazon Gift Card