I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Callan by Sybil Bartel
on March 20, 2018
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon UK
I was trained to be a hunter. Growing up in the nation’s most infamous, violent cult, my job was simple. Track. Kill. Survive.
And that’s what I did… until our leader threatened to kill his own daughter.
Refusing to watch another senseless murder, I did what I was trained to do. I took his life. Then I claimed his land, and set every member free, including her. I only had one goal left. Find the sister I was told was dead.
But being a hunter in the woods is a far cry from tracking a woman in Miami Beach.
I didn’t find my sister.
I found my stepsister.
*CALLAN is the fifth standalone book in the Uncompromising Series. You do not have to read the books in this series in order, but if you prefer to read them in the order written, The Uncompromising Series is listed below.*
The Uncompromising Series:
O.M.G! This was so amazing!
This is book #5 of a series, that I have only read the first book. I now must read all the other, because this was fantastic.
I understood the story, but I know I will like it even better when I read the entire series in order.
- Addictiveness: This was a fast-paced thrilling story that I couldn’t let go. Really, I was sucked into their story from the beginning.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 I fell in love with all the characters, but Callan is above and beyond. He is perfect! 🙂 I know, crazy, totally different from the ordinary, but he is the perfect hero. I totally loved him and this book couldn’t have a better title.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Perfect cover! Is hot, at the same time after reading the book it matches. I love the font and colors and the title couldn’t be anything else.
- Freshness: Yes! This is one-of-a-kind. UNIQUE! This book feels original, fresh, like nothing that is out there.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues written with purpose.Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story fantastic. Is was thrilling and different.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 3/5, steam 4/5 This was a slow-build romance, but the couple was explosive together. Really, the chemistry was undeniable. So so hot!!!
- Writing Style: I loved it. Creative plot with wonderful characters enough twists to kept me wanting more.
- If I wasn’t dumb and had read the series in order.
32.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4.5
- Action 3/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 2/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys something unique.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes. I’m looking forward to.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this because it has one of the best and most unusual hero ever!!!!