I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Fireball by Nazarea Andrews
Series: River Street Bar #1
on March 5, 2018
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Dempsey Jones has been a nuisance my entire life, the straight-laced Boy Scout grown up to be a firefighter, of all things. He was the one helping kittens out of trees and old ladies cross the road while I was lighting cherry bombs with my best friend in abandoned buildings, and now that we’re all grown up—even if my Dad doesn’t agree—he’s still just as annoying.
Taite Ridley has been a constant my whole life, the curly haired mischievous daughter of the police chief, charming and devious and alluring. She was wild in ways I never dared to be and too big for our little town. But she’s here, a small town cop, and I can’t avoid her, even if I wanted to.
And I don’t want to.
It’s like mixing fire and gasoline and when these two collide, someone is gonna get burned…
Also in this series: RUSTY NAIL
Also by this author: RUSTY NAIL
Contemporary Romance, with dual-POV.
Book #1 of a series.
Unexpected, fun, steamy!!!
- Addictiveness: I was awake until really late because I couldn’t let go. Very addictive!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes! My favorite part about a book is character development. Here, you have an amazing community full of interesting people. Both Taite and Dempsey are amazing. I don’t even know whom I like best. Her father, their best-friends, so many people who I’m looking forward to meet. They are all easy to love, connect and understand.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 4/5, color-font 4/5, buy 5/5 Other obsession of mine are book covers. This one is a good one. The title is very catching and after reading the book everything makes perfect sense. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: I like it. It feels new. I like the rivalry and how everything played out. The author put a few twists that had me going WOW! Unexpected!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 3.5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Perfect conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable. Amazing setting!
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 I really like how their romance was developed. It was not a certainty. It didn’t start with them swooning for each other. They had a lot of chemistry and history, but their romance was slow building. In fact, this is just the beginning. Great smut!
- Writing Style: I have really enjoyed this. It was surprising. From the beginning of the book I taught this was going to be a fun, hot read. It was all that, but there were a lot of depth also. Perfect characters, great setting in a very good plot.
- Plot: I guess the beginning and the ending. 🙂 I know, I’m a bit crazy, but it begun like out of the middle of nowhere. The end, is cute, but there is a lot more that I wanted to see of them. Hopefully I will see more of them on the next book.
My first book of the author and I will definitely read more. I love her writing style and her character development is superb.
- Action 2/5
- Angst 3/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 3.5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance with a bit of smut.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I’m looking forward to read more from the author.
You MAY read this because you like romance; you SHOULD read this because you like a bit of smut; you MUST read to meet an amazing group of characters.