I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Blood Type by K.A. Linde
Series: Blood Type #1
Published by Loveswept on April 24, 2018
Cover Design: Shutterstock/Roman Samborskyl
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Format: Digital, audiobook
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Audible
A startling new vision of paranormal romance: When a human ventures into the world of vampires—a decadent milieu of blood-bonds and betrayal—she discovers that not all is what it seems.
For Reyna Carpenter, giving up her body isn’t a choice. It’s survival.
In a civilization laid waste by poverty and desperation, Reyna accepts a high-paying position with the wealthy and hungry vampire elite. Her new job is as the live-in blood escort for the intimidating, demanding, and devilishly handsome Beckham Anderson. He’s everything she expected from a vampire, except for one thing—he won’t feed off her.
Reyna soon discovers that behind Beckham’s brooding, wicked façade lies a unique and complex man. And that, in a dark and divided world, she is more valuable than she ever would have believed.
For with each passing night, Reyna can’t shake the sensation that it’s Beckham who’s afraid of her.
Note: Reyna and Beckham’s story continues in Blood Match.
This ebook includes an excerpt from another Loveswept title.
Book #1 of a serial. Yes, there is a huge cliffhanger, but that is ok, because it is explained at the synopsis.
- Addictiveness: Highly Addictive. This was a thrilling read for me. So many twists and turns that it kept me on the edge of my seat.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 3.5/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 5/5, real 4/5 Both main characters are amazingly developed throughout the story. Their story arch is great. Beckham is mysterious and sexy. He is possessive, but at the same time doesn’t like to share much. Reyna is naïve and poor. She decides to sacrifice herself to help her family (her and her brothers). She did annoyed me some, because there are a lot TSTL moments. Yes, she is too stubborn and like to do the opposite what she has been told. That would be almost ok, if this wasn’t her job. But at the same time, she won me over throughout the story. She grew up and learned from her mistakes. Anyways, she is not 100% guilty of her childish behavior because Beckham loved to boss her around, but wasn’t into explaining why. Yes, he was in fact her boss, but he really knew how to get on the nerves. At the same time, their evolution in the book is great and I can’t wait to read more. They both were not very easy to love or connect, but they were easy to understand. Most importantly they are multidimensional characters that offered the readers a multitude of emotions.
- Cover: art 3.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 4/5, buy 4/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. I don’t love the art work of this one, but is good. Is sexy and I probably would by without reading the blurb. I would guess vampires from the title.
- Freshness: Unique! This book is definitely one-of-a-kind. Feels very fresh and new! The author has created a very singular vampire novel.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and ok ending. Really good conflict and amazing dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. Full of twists, that makes this story very enjoyable. This plot was amazing. It kept me on the edge of my seat, never knowing what would come next. There is no loopholes on this plot, everything is there for a reason and it all made sense. The world-built by the author is fantastic. How she envisioned this world that Visionary has created, how the human race lives and a brewing war coming.. wow!!!
- Romance: believable 3/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 I loved it! This is crazy. I love the drama and angst thrown here. At the same time that Beckham was very frustrating, Reyna’s posture as an employee was crazy. When they blurred the lines, BAM! Really hot!
- Writing Style: If I had to explained it in one word, would be EXCITING! Really good character development; interesting romance with a superb plot!
- Well, the ending. 🙂 Yes, I knew before reading this would have a cliffhanger, but I don’t have to like.
Exciting! I can’t wait to read what comes next!
31/35 STARS – 4 STARS (4 stars between 28 and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 4 Cover: 4 Freshness: 5 Plot: 5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4
- Action 5/5
- Angst 3/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 4/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys paranormal romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. Can’t wait!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, looking forward to.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like paranormal romance; you MUST read this because this is vampires like you have never seen before!!!
That was the moment Beckham appeared in the doorway like a storm cloud.
Reyna straightened in her seat at the expression on his face. He walked across the room like a tightly coiled spring ready to explode.
“Ah Beckham, there you are,” Harrington said.
“Excuse me, William. I need to speak with Reyna. Alone.”
She hastened out of her seat and followed him around the corner. He tugged her straight through the kitchens, out the back door, down a corridor, and into a dead end. Then her back was slammed against the brick wall. His fist connected with the wall behind her, and she felt the wall shudder. Debris floated onto her shoulders.
“You left,” he growled.
“I . . .”
“No.” He pressed his finger to her lips roughly. She stopped breathing and just stared up into his eyes as dark as night. Her body trembled under the feral stare. “You left without me.”
The silence was weighted. All she could do was sit with their bodies nearly touching. His finger on her mouth. Her mind wandering to hellacious places.
“You are my subject. Can you imagine what it was like when I found you missing? When you turned up with three of my kind?” She shook her head minutely. He bared his teeth to her, and she shrank back. “These are meant to drink your blood. To drink you dry until there is nothing left of your body but a dry corpse. We are killers. We don’t hesitate. Just because we’re wearing suits and seem more like you . . . does not mean we are like you. We are not like you. They especially are not like you. The only way you get to the top of Visage is to be fucking ruthless, Reyna. Do you understand?”
“You’re . . . scaring me,” she whispered.
Reyna Carpenter and Beckham Anderson return in the exhilarating follow-up to the provocative paranormal romance Blood Type.