I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing, NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Bad Girl and The Baby by Nina Croft
Series: Cutting Loose #3
on December 4, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Audible, Buy on Harlequin
Captain Matt Peterson prides himself on being able to handle anything...until he winds up as the guardian of his baby niece, Lulu. Two years and six nannies later, his well-ordered existence is in chaos. Still, he’s all Lulu has. Except, well...there is an aunt...
Darcy Butler has spent the last three years in prison for beating up her abusive brother-in-law. Her only regret is that she didn’t hurt him worse and stop him from killing her sister in a drunken car crash six months later. But now, Darcy just wants to rebuild her life. Starting with finding her sister’s child.
But Matt doesn't want an ex-con with a record for violence anywhere near Lulu. Unfortunately, he can’t seem to keep away from Darcy, himself. Despite their differences, their chemistry is combustible...and the sex is incredible! Still, it can’t possibly last. Can it?
Also by this author: Unthinkable
- Plot: story line 4/5, story ending 5/5, pace 4/5, enjoyment 4.5/5, originality 3/5, writing style 4/5 If I had to choose one thing to say, I would defined as PAGE TURNER! I love the pace of the story and how it kept me on my toes. To add a bit of family drama with a dash of sexy fun, this is the perfect recipe for a good story.
- Characters: hero 4/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 4/5 Great characters. Perfect heroine! Darcy was a very multi-dimensional characters and she was a joy to meet. She offered so much to us and she grew so much during the story it was impossible not fall in love with her. Matt is also a great hero.
- Heat: chemistry 4/5, steam 4/5, romance 4/5 I love the idea and even the break of roles here. Darcy is the bad girl and Matt is good boy. Until it becomes hot! 🙂 Really good chemistry!
- Addictiveness: Fast read that had me wanting more. Couldn’t let go!
- Freshness: I like the break from the usual. This role reverse of who was “good”and who was “bad”gave this story a unique feel!
- Cover/Title: 3/3.5 The title work for me. I would be intrigue by a bad girl story, add a baby to it and it has definitely grabbed me. The art work I don’t like so much. What bothers me the most are the colors and the size of font in comparison with the art.
This was my first book of the series, but I will read the others. I have throughly enjoyed the book specially the way the author keep me anxious to keep going and knowing more. Amazing pace!!!
Suspense 2/5 Darkness 0/5 Humor 3/5 Action 3/5 Angst 3/5 Twists 3/5
Recommend this book: Yes
Read more from the author: Yes
Re-read this book: I will probably re-read when I start reading the series in order.
You MAY buy this because you followed the series; you SHOULD read this if you are looking for sexy fun; you MUST read this for an amazing KICK-ASS HEROINE!!!