I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on February 27, 2018
Format: digital e-book
Genres: Romantic Comedy
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
We met in a trapped elevator.
Emmett was on his way to work, sophisticated and handsome in his tailored suit and tie.
I was on my way to the sperm bank. Awkward, right?
At thirty-five, my life hadn’t taken the path I thought it would and I was tired of waiting—I wanted a baby. And I was ready to take matters into my own hands to make it happen.
After our ill-fated elevator encounter, Emmett insisted on taking me to dinner—he also insisted on something else—that I ditch my plan involving a turkey baster and let him do the job. He would be my baby daddy. He was a wealthy and powerful CEO with little interest in diapers or playdates. And since he didn’t want kids, I’d be on my own once his bun was in my oven, free to go my own way.
But once his baby was inside me, it was like a switch had been flipped, and I got a whole lot more than I ever bargained for.
This full-length standalone contains a hot, swoonworthy hero, lots of playful banter and some hot baby-making ! Enjoy.
A hot and hilarious new standalone from New York Times bestseller Kendall Ryan.
I’m married to my job. it might not be the happiest marriage, but it’s still mine, and I don’t do infidelity. by Emmett
Romantic comedy with duo-POV.
Cute, funny, hot!!!
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive! I couldn’t put down and I read in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 3/5 I love Emmett. Really, that man is amazing! He is hot, sweet and caring. A playboy, but never the jerk kind. Jenna she is ok, but took longer to really like her. She annoyed me a lot with her robotic ways. Yes, I know she has hang-ups from the past, so does half the world and I don’t have to love them all. Both main characters has an amazing development throughout the story. Emmett’s growth is beautiful to read about.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 3/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love book covers and this one is beautiful and hot, but doesn’t really tell much about the story. I would buy this book by the cover because is hot and it has a catching title.
- Freshness: This is different and unique. I know where these ideas come from, but keep them coming Ms.Ryan, you always bring something original into your stories. It never feels like I’ve read it before.
- Plot: believable 3/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues written by someone who knows her craft. Steady pace with a few good subplots. Not very believable, but who cares? Is fun and sexy.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 4/5, steam 4/5 They are hot together, their chemistry undeniable. There are many good scenes and a hero that is panty-wetting.
- Writing Style: One of my favorites. Very creative plot with the perfect balance of fun and hotness. Very well written with amazing characters. You will LOL and be a bit frustrated at times. Perfect!!!
- I don’t know. I guess if I could have connected with Jenna from the beginning, it would have been even better.
Ms. Ryan is always a certainty for me. I like all her books and this one was no exception.
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy fun, sexy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!!
- Would I read more from the author? One of my favorites!
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this if you enjoy romantic comedy; you MUST read this for a hot, sexy hero.