I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Wild Fury by Lindsay Cross
Series: FURY Security #1
Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on February 1, 2018
Cover Design: Kari March Designs
Genres: Romantic Suspense, Erotic
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon
She’s been in love with the same man since she was a little girl— but that man’s been broken beyond repair.
Tomi was forced to leave Cole years ago… but even with a new boyfriend, she can’t seem to let go. Working under a new employer, she struggles to forget her old life— but the situation she’s landed herself in is worse than the one she left. Her boss is a sex trafficker, and after she discovers what he’s done, he takes her hostage to sell so she can’t turn him in.
She runs to the only one who can save her; a military man harboring both affection and hate.
A deadly lethal ex-SEAL, Cole doesn’t know how to love, only how to fight— his entire life is a war he can’t win. When Tomi comes back into his life, desperate for help and targeted by an internationally known killer, Cole won’t say no to protecting the one that got away.
Cole can’t trust Tomi, but his heart longs to dominate her… completely.
Together, Tomi and Cole team up to take down the sex trafficker and set the slaves free. But Cole longs for complete control, and his dominant behavior is too much for Tomi to handle. Yet learning to let go and ride through the pain is a steamy and thrilling experience for Tomi, nearly as thrilling as learning to dodge bullets.
Cole and Tomi are destined to be together again. But in order to survive the danger, they’ll have to fight back— hard.
An erotic and dark romantic suspense novel, Wild Fury is the first book in the brand-new FURY Security series by author Lindsay Cross. A Navy SEAL military romance that’s sexy, suspenseful, and tells the story of a second chance at first love.
He’d never wanted to break her. But he did want to hold her fire in his palms and mold it, feed it so that it grew but didn’t burn them both alive in the process. by Cole
Erotic romance with suspense. Duo-POV. BDSM and Ménage scenes. There is a small cliffhanger at the end, that hasn’t been mentioned on the blurb.
This man was every inch the dominant male. All those other men had merely been play actors without a prayer of ever coming close to him. by Tomi
- Addictiveness: A fast-paced read with some action and a lot of steam.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 5/5, real 4/5 Great characters that are easy to love, connect and understand. Cole is a hot, possessive hero and Tomi is a good female character. She is a strong woman who is a submissive at the same time. Her development into a sub is good. I really like Cole’s brothers and I’m looking forward to their stories. The characters felt real.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and this one is hot. I love the play of colors with the art in black and white and the font in red. The title is catching. I would buy this book without even reading the blurb.
- Freshness: This book feels fresh. There is a BDSM relationship being explored at the same time there is suspense and action. There are a few twists that I wasn’t expecting.
- Plot: believable 3.5/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 2/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 The plot is well written with some action a bit of suspense. The BDSM is well explored. Great dialogue, with good conflict and ending.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 This feels like a love story with some suspense. The couple’s chemistry is very strong and their journey through BDSM is well described. There are lots of hot scenes. Specially the ones with the brothers. HOT!!!
- Writing Style: Cohesive plot with great character development. Amazing world-build with lot of room for more. It kept me guessing and I have ended wanting more.
- Plot: I really wish this book had a prologue or a prequel. I felt like I would gain more from knowing their past relationship better. Also, I think this book takes a lot from the plot, exploring the BDSM relationship. I love erotic, but I thought this was a suspense novel. In fact, I’m uncertain if the BDSM was the main conflict or the suspenseful plot.
- Action 3/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 1/5
- Humor 1/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy erotic love stories.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes. I’m really looking forward to read book #2 of the series.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like a bit of suspense; you MUST read this if you are looking for some hot smut!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card