I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Before She Was Mine by Amelia Wilde
on February 20, 2018
Cover Photographer: Eric Battershell Photography
Cover Model: Alex Perez
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon
A damaged war hero comes face to face with the one woman he was never supposed to love in Amelia Wilde's most intense and emotional book ever...
An accident isn’t always a mistake.
One heartbeat to fall in love with my best friend’s little sister.
One more to know I could never, ever let it show.
I was still good back then. Still honorable. Still whole.
I did the right thing and left her behind.
I went to war. I played with fire. The fire won.
She was never supposed to walk back into the wreckage of my life.
She was never supposed to see me like this.
Bad. Burned. Broken.
But it’s too late now. All it takes is one hot, reckless kiss to change everything.
And this time? I can’t walk away.
Before She Was Mine is a sweeping standalone romance clocking in at just over 60,000 words. For a limited time, this edition includes two bonus titles as a thank-you to my readers, so the main story ends at approximately 30%.
She could have been mine. She could have been mine all along. I feel it in the way she relaxes in my arms,… by Dayton
Contemporary Steamy Romance, with duo-POV. Stand-alone, but has a bit of a cliffhanger at the end.
Fast-paced, cute, hot!!!
- Addictiveness: I love the book. It was a fast read for me, done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 3/5 Great characters, easy to love, connect and understand. I love the vulnerability of Dayton. He is this tough guy that has no hope, until he sees Summer again. Summer is a ray of sunshine. Nothing gets her down. Wes is a mystery, a bit of a jerk, but I’m certain there is more to him than that. The author not only created amazing characters that the reader can connect, but she made this reader totally invested in them.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Hot, beautiful. Would totally buy it without reading the blurb. I love the colors and the title is perfect.
- Freshness: There is nothing really new here, but is well written and hooks the reader. It doesn’t have to be extremely original to be a great book.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 2/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and bad ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 4/5 This is a love story. There is never any doubt that they love each other. But lot of misunderstandings and mistakes has created a chasm between them. They way the author developed their relationship feels believable. It’s beautiful how they start learning each other again, now as adults.
- Writing Style: I love the writing. Great plot, amazing characters and I felt real connection to the characters.
- The end. I have read an ARC, and I guess it will better explained in the final copy. But, when I read an epilogue I’m usually hoping for closure. I wasn’t expecting a cliffhanger but was there. I was in shock! 🙂
My first book by the author, but definitely not my last. I had such a great time with this book, sometimes fun, sometimes sadness, but always invested in the characters.
- Action 3/5
- Angst 3.5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I definitely will.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like great characters; you MUST read this for great romance!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card