I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Keeping Dominic by Alyson Reynolds
Series: The Golden Boy Series #1
on April 19, 2018
Cover Design: Nicole Blanchard
Cover Photographer: Lindee Robinson Photography
Cover Model: Andrew Kruczynski and Alyse Madej
Genres: New Adult, romance
Format: Digital, print
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK
No one finds their soulmate at first glance.
Dominic Torres did though. From the second he saw his best friend’s little sister, he knew she was the one for him. Fast forward three years and now she’s his best friend and she has him firmly in the friend zone. He’s convinced he’ll never have the college romance his parents had.
Until the day it almost happened.
Brooke Caldwell’s life fell apart two days after her tall, dark and handsome best friend almost kissed her. A split second of hesitation made her question her entire relationship with her best friend. You wouldn’t think that a kiss that didn’t even happen would make her question her feelings as much as it did. But all of Brooke’s friends had said he had a thing for her.
Unrequited love or a figment of her imagination?
When an argument gets out of hand, Brooke and Dom hit a breaking point that has both of them scrambling into new relationships. Even pissed off and broken, neither of them can ignore the other for long. From best friends to lovers, one night could change everything.
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive! Fast, easy read that can be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 3.5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Love the entire group of characters. There are so many interesting secondary characters, the author has already created a good background for the series. Brooke is a good heroine, but she also drove me insane. Many times I felt like slapping some sense into her. But she felt real, very believable. Dominic… really Dom is AMAZING! What a character. A hero with the perfect balance of alpha and sweetness. Hot and caring. Sexy and laid-back. Great friend, great boyfriend, great everything.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love this cover. The title is perfect! Nothing could be better than having Dominic’s name on it. He is the best part of the book and he deserves the spotlight. I like the font and colors. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 3.5/5 Good opening and wonderful ending. Interesting conflict and great dialogues. Ok pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. The story was very believable.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 3.5/5, steam 4/5 There was a lot of angst here. Not an easy love. It hurt, but it also mended their hearts. It was a bit of ups and downs. Beautifully written! Good smut!!!
- Writing Style: Amazing characters, good plot, great romance, perfect hero!
- Freshness: There is nothing really new here. Is predictable, but I don’t care. Is very well written and it kept me on the edge of my seat, sometimes cheering them on, others feeling like shaking them. 🙂
My first book by the author, my it won’t be my last. I’m really looking forward to read this series.
29/35 STARS – 4 STARS (4 stars between 28 and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4
- Action 2/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys angst romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. There are many very interesting characters to know better.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, I will.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because the hero is book-boyfriend worthy; you MUST read this because you are looking for an emotional read!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card