I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Dive Bar #3
Published by St. Martin's Griffin on April 17, 2018
Format: Digital, print, audiobook
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on IBooks, Buy on BAM, Buy on Indie Bound, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon CA
Given his well-earned bad boy reputation, Eric is having a tough time scoring.. When single Jean moves to town, she seems heaven sent by the sex gods. Only problem is, she not only wants nothing to do with him, but it turns out that she’s pregnant.
Starting over in a small town, Jean is determined to turn her wild lifestyle around and be the kind of mother she always wished she’d had. Since local bar owner and all round hottie, Eric Collins, is now determined to steer clear of her pregnant self, it should be easy. When she goes into labour during a snow storm and her car slides on some ice, it’s Eric who comes to the rescue.
There seems to be a bond between them now, but is it enough? And can Eric give up his manwhore ways to be the man Jean needs?
Contemporary, steamy romance.
Book #3 of a series. I don’t recommend this to be read as a stand-alone. You could understand the story, but the background you get from previous books is important to understand Eric and his group of friends.
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive! I love this series. Every character of this group of friends has a different personality that grabs you and you can’t let go. You must know how will they get their HEA.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 3.5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Character development is Ms. Scott’s gift. She creates characters that are multidimensional and believable. They are real. They have flaws and lots of to-stupid-to-live-moments, but at their core they are loving, caring, loyal and adorable. Eric from the beginning was the biggest jerk of the group. 🙂 Really a total manwhore! He is a teenager of almost 30 years old. But in his book we can see a different side of him. A softer side. Eric’s vulnerabilities are beautiful to see and the way he grows up with/for Jean and Ada is sweet. Eric started this relationship only trying to change his reputation, but along the way he matures, he grows up and he falls in love twice (with Jean and Ava). All the characters of this series are easy to love, connect and understand, but I have to say, Nell annoyed me here. Yes, Eric was a screwed up, but she was always putting him down. Pregnancy cannot be an excuse for everything. Oh, the best love, friendship of this book was between Eric and Ada. They were beautiful together.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love covers and this one is a great one. I can see Eric on this cover. I can see the Dive bar. I like the colors and I find the title very interesting. This cover fits the series and I would buy this without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and lots of fun dialogues. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. Low in angst compare to book #2, which made this a lighter read. Fun!
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 This is a love story. Really, Ms. Scott has given Eric, after a long “manwhoring” lifestyle, a very slow burn romance. They became friends and from that it evolved. They created a bond before falling in love. Of all the characters of this series, Eric got the sweet, adorable romance. So fitting! 🙂
- Writing Style: Brilliant! I love everything here. From the amazing characters, to the great setting ( the Dive Bar), to the wonderful plot and the sweet romance.
- Freshness: Yes, this is a bit predictable. But I don’t care. Is so well written that it kept me wanting more.
- Characters: Jean, I can’t say much about here. She is sweet, but I’ve missed her voice here, her POV. I’ve ended the story not really knowing her and because of it, I couldn’t connect that well with her as I have with all other characters of this series.
Ms. Scott is brilliant! When we expects the story to be all about sex, she gives the reader a sweet, fun, love story. Eric’s transformation has been one of the best I have read lately. I can’t wait for more!!!
P.S Dirty and Twist I bought in audible instead of kindle. It was a different experience, but I can’t wait to get Chaser in audible too, and listen to Eric! 🙂
33/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 3.5 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 1/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys great romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes!
- Would I re-read this series? Looking forward to!
- Would I read more from the author? Ms. Scott has become a MUST for me.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like the series; you MUST read this because of its great group of characters!!!