I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Boomers #2
Published by OmniLit / All Romance eBooks, LLC on September 1, 2016
Genres: Action/Adventure, Science Fiction, Time Travel, Superheros
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on ARe
To save her sanity may cost him his mind...
Boomers, Book 2
Abilities: nuclear fission and fusion, absorbs energy and fires beams of radiated heat
Mission: recovery of lost memories and sanity
Kidnapped and experimented on by R.E.X. labs, Amanda's memories are foggy. She can't recognize friend from foe and she strikes out with everything she has. Only one man penetrates the storms surging in her mind, a soothing stranger with hypnotic eyes…
Mission: save Corkscrew or terminate her
Cautious, methodical Simon has always been careful to keep his innermost self, contained. Simon must confront his fears—and his deepest secrets—to help the powerful mutant rein in her abilities in.
With new enemies closing in and dark revelations unfolding, the Boomers face their greatest challenge yet and the deeper into her psyche Simon pushes, the more her madness threatens them all…
Winning never felt so much like losing. The team has recovered Corkscrew, but she is lost to insanity. Simon, the most cautious of them all, must risk everything to bring her back from the brink, but losing this gambit could cost them Simon as well.
Read my review of Judas Contact Boomer #1 HERE
- My reading experience starts by the book’s cover and title. Ms. Long once again finds the perfect title. It totally fits. I also have really loved this cover. It’s scorching hot!
- The plot is really amazing. It is fast-paced, that kept me guessing until the end and when I finished reading I was ready for book 3.
- Ms. Long’s writing is very cohesive with no weak points. Her creativity is superb!
- Once again Ms. Long has me falling in love with her characters. Simon is mouth-watering hot! The way he holds on to Amanda, putting everything he got on the line is dreamy. Amanda is in a bad place, but we can see how strong and charismatic she is.
- I love the union once again of a Boomer with an Infinity Hero.
- Amanda and Simon together is like BOOM! Explosions! They are hot hot hot!
- It’s hard to think of something. 🙂
- I will just make a warning : *** I don’t think you should read this as a stand-alone, Ms. Long’s world-building is complex and if you miss something you may get lost.
- I guess there are a lot of sub-plots going on here, so it may be a bit confusing sometimes specially if you haven’t read the entire series.
You MAY buy this book because you like superheroes; you SHOULD buy this book because you enjoy amazing world-building; but you MUST read this book if like me, you love a mouth-watering hero!!!