I received this book for free from L. Woods PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Theory of Unrequited by Len Webster
on April 18, 2018
Format: Digital, print
Genres: Young Adult, New Adult, romance
Source: L. Woods PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Every theory has a test subject … even between best friends.
The pact: Stanford.
The betrayal: AJ attending Duke.
The reason: She did something stupid like fall in love with Evan.
The problem: Evan’s not ready to let this betrayal go so easily.
The solution: Find AJ and fix them.
The wait is over!
AJ AND EVAN ARE HERE!!!
The Theory of Unrequited by Len Webster is LIVE!
Young Adult/New Adult romance.
Book #1 of a series, part of a serial, with cliffhanger. This series must be read in order!
Back-and-forth, from present and past time, dual-pov.
- Addictiveness: Medium addictiveness. The story has a good pace and the back-and-forth present/past times changes fits perfectly for a better understanding of the plot. I read the book in two sitting only because I had to stop to sleep.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 4/5, real 5/5 I love them. They are easy to like, connect and understand. They are teens. There is something that we have to remind ourselves. So they act immature and stupid sometimes, like most teens do. AJ had her heartbroken once, so after that she was a bit of a jerk. That is a normal reaction. Evan was complete clueless most of the time. 🙂 This characters felt real and complete believable. Being a mother of three teens, I could see a lot of my own kids in them.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love this cover. It fits the story. Is creative, different and unique. I LOOOOVE the title!!! The whole thing is very tasteful. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: Even though the story doesn’t have anything we could say WOW, how different, the overall book has a fresh vibe. The theory is real 🙂 and the plot is refreshing. It felt unique!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great plot! Great opening and cliffhanger ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues very well written. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. So real, so emotional, so heartbreaking. I went from tears to pulling out my hair to smiling with a lot of frequency. Is a story that moves the reader, touches in places unknown!!! The cliffhanger at the end was expected, but still I felt like breaking my kindle. 🙂
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 0/5 This is a love story. A very painful, hurtful love. This is a heartbreaking story. The girl who loves the boy who was totally clueless. Then she decides she needs to keep her distance. The boy finally wakes up, but maybe is too late. Very real, that has happened to most of us at least once. Beautiful and poignant.
- Writing Style: AMAZING! Really, the author’s craftsmanship here is superb. Is not an easy read, but everything is very well intertwined. Very believable characters, fabulous plot and emotional romance!!!
- The end! 🙂
My first read by the author, but definitely not my last. The writing is excellent!!! Can’t wait for part two of the story!!!
32.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (34.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 1/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys coming-of-age romance.
- Would I re-read this book?Yes!
- Would I re-read this series? I’m looking forward to read what comes next.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, I will.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy coming-of-age romance; you MUST read this because the writing style is superb!!!