I received this book for free from L. Woods PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Forever Yours on May 8, 2018
Cover Design: Elizabeth Turner Stokes
Format: Digital, print
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Fairy Tales Revisited
Source: L. Woods PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Fans of New York Times bestselling authors Samantha Young, Sylvia Day, and E. L. James won't want to miss this modern---and deliciously wicked---take on a classic fairy tale . . .
She never should have come here. Twice a week, Lily Moore comes to work for me, stealing my breath with her light and beauty and sweetness. She doesn't know the dangerous path she's on. All she knows is that I am a reclusive artist living on a crumbling estate. That I am scarred, broken by life. A beast . . .
Lily ignites a hunger unlike anything I've known, one that could shatter the isolated world I live in. Even as I see the same longing for me in her oh-so-blue eyes, I know she belongs to another---one who does not deserve her. But it's just a matter of time before the tension between us breaks. For this beast will have what he desires. To hell with the consequences. This is my world . . . and I will claim my beauty.
It’s time for this beast to finally claim his beauty.
His Beauty by Sofia Tate is NOW LIVE!
Get it EVERYWHERE:
Amazon US → http://amzn.to/2oS5FeI
iBooks → https://apple.co/2I3ofsh
Google Play → http://bit.ly/2D4oz6q
Kobo → http://bit.ly/2FqNvKN
Nook → http://bit.ly/2oMTsbf
Amazon AU → http://amzn.to/2FfDWyJ
Amazon CA → http://amzn.to/2FYvYY5
Amazon UK → http://amzn.to/2FY0JfI
Contemporary romance; fairy tales revisited.
- Addictiveness: Medium-low addictiveness. It was a fast, cute retelling.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 3.5/5, secondary characters 3/5, growth 3.5/5, real 3/5 Lily takes a cleaning job at this mansion and it completely changes her life. Lily is this innocent, that has a horrible fiancé and weeps a bit too much because of the beast. Grayson was a better character for me. His problems went beyond physical scars. He had more depth. There is a third character here, Reed, Lily’s fiancée. He was a complete jerk, really the perfect antagonist.
- Cover: art 3.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art.This art is good for getting people to buy. It works before you read the book. After, not so much. This woman doesn’t look like an innocent Lily and this guy is not a scarred Grayson. They are hot, I would buy this book because of the cover and enticing title (I love fairy tales retellings). But I’ve missed something of the real characters here, I just wanted the personal touch.
- Plot: believable 3.5/5, conflict 3/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 3/5, opening 3/5, pace 3/5, setting 5/5, subplots 3/5, twists 1/5 Ok opening and good ending. Ok conflict and dialogues well written. Slow-paced and sweet. It was an enjoyable read.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 3/5, description 4/5, development 3/5, steam 3/5 It was cute. Grayson was a really good character and I was totally rooting for him. I don’t mind the insta-love, and the slow-burn made me know the characters better. I’ve enjoyed their friendship.
- Writing Style: Good hero, interesting plot, cute romance.
- Freshness: I love retelling, but this one was very predictable. I was expecting a few twist and turns.
- Plot: I’ve liked the romance, I just think it took to long to happen. I’ve enjoyed the conflict, I only believe it took more of the story than the romance.
My first book by the author and I will read more from her. I love retelling and I will keep an eye out if she has another one.
23/35 STARS – 3 STARS (between 21 stars and 24 stars)
Addictiveness: 3 Character: 3.5 Cover: 3.5 Freshness: 2.5 Plot: 3.5 Romance: 3.5 Writing Style: 3.5
- Action 1/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 4/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes, if you like fairy tales revisited.
- Would I re-read this book? I don’t know.
- Would I re-read this series? I believe is a stand-alone, but I would read a series of retellings. 🙂
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, I will try again.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy fairy tales being revisted; you MUST read this because it a cute romance!!!