I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Somewhere to Begin by Mika Jolie
Series: Poison & Wine #1
on September 20, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Apple Books
There are wounds that never show on the body.
For twenty-nine years, Colbie Bennington does as expected with an eternal smile stained on her lips. The biggest chances she’s ever taken can be counted on one hand, three fingers to be exact—her battered red chucks, painting her toenails a vibrant blue, and her wedding dress. Always the dutiful daughter and a Stepford fiancée, she has never acted on impulse, never been in love.
She’s never lived.
On her wedding day, Colbie ends a toxic relationship, drops the fake smile, and says, “I can’t do this anymore.”
Navy SEAL Zander Serrano returns home broken and burdened with a volcano of remorse. Too trapped in a mental war to be at peace and too damaged to be at war, he shuts the world out. The last thing he expects is to feel, especially for a runaway bride with her own baggage.
Two empty hearts marred in different spots find themselves drawn to one another. Each with their own scars. Some, the world can see. Others, unseen to the naked eye.
They say two broken people should not be together. But for Colbie and Zander, their attraction is undeniable, unexpected.
Can two souls with fractured parts be the best cure for each other’s wounds?
Starting over is never easy, but sometimes in life, everyone needs somewhere to begin
Somewhere to Begin
Poison & Wine #1
Can two souls with fractured parts be the best cure for each other’s wounds? Find out the first book in Mika Jolie’s latest #contemporaryromance series, Poison and Wine, with SOMEWHERE TO BEGIN.
Available at: Amazon | iBooks | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | International Options | Goodreads
We all need somewhere to begin. She might be yours.
- The characters. I’ve liked and enjoyed both male and female main characters. They were both broken down, trying to piece back together themselves and ended up helping each other in their healing process. They were easy to connect, relate and love.
- Secondary characters. The author has created a great foundation for the continuation of the series. Each Serrano brother has a story to tell that I would love to read. They are all hot, dangerous, troubled alpha males. Delia and Paige also seems very interesting.
- Cover. This is the perfect cover. I’ve decided to read this book without even reading the blurb. A woman in a wedding dress, with the run away vibe and the beautiful background. Loved it!
- Plot. Really good one. The author has masterfully written a fast-paced book, that kept me guessing until the end and I’ve ended wanting more.
- Romance. I love how the couple had this instant attraction, great chemistry but the relationship was not rushed. They started with an attraction, until they become friends, lovers then ended up in love.
- Heat. This is a sexy read. Many great scenes that have been well described, but all meaningful for the story flow.
- Addictiveness. I almost read the entire book in one sitting. It was really easy to immerse myself into the story and feel along their angst, sadness, happiness and hope.
Like her, Zander was in a transitional phase, needing somewhere to begin.
- This book was sort of predictable. Not really lots of twists and turns but the journey was so great that I didn’t mind that at all.
The thing is I’m not looking for someone to save me, I’d much rather have someone stand by my side as I save myself.
You MAY buy this book because you like romance; you SHOULD buy this book because you are looking for another great series to read; but you MUST read this book because you like to drown yourself into an emotional read!!!