Series: Seals of Honor #14
Published by Valley Publishing Limited on 10/17/2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Romantic Suspense, Military
Source: Dog Eared Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play
Ryder spent his career defending his nation and helping others… After he lost the one good thing in his life, he spent every waking hour trying to forget…
After a mission goes south and a friend is hurt, Ryder checks in at medical for an update on his condition only to find Caitlyn working there. It doesn’t take long for the same damn feelings to overwhelm him. She’s not his any longer, but maybe they can be friends…
Friendship is the last thing Caitlyn wants, but it’s a start. She screwed up – in a big way – and she’ll do anything to get her best friend back in her life. Even work overseas for a chance to see him. But when the outpost is attacked and medical supplies start to go missing they have something bigger to worry about.
When she’s kidnapped, all bets are off and both Ryder and Caitlyn have to find out what’s really important before they lose it all … and each other.
Ryder and Caitlyn have been best friends their whole lives until they decided to take to the next level. Now they are barely talking and Ryder believes that she has moved on.
Caitlyn decides to work overseas so she can find courage to face Ryder and talk to him about her confusing feelings. When she is kidnapped, they have to deal with their feelings one way or the other.
Has a misunderstanding really ended their friendship or will love be enough?
Walk forward because it’s right for you. But don’t avoid going back and saying goodbye because you’re scared. by Devlin (one of the Seal’s of Honor)
- Cover: I like the cover. It’s hot and sexy! I would guess military with the helicopter and I like the bare beautiful land as a backdrop.
- Plot: I like the overall idea of the series. I love the friendship and loyalty among the Seals. I really enjoyed the setting the author has created. The story kept me guessing and I’ve ended wanting more.
- Characters: Ryder is a good character. He is very easy to like and understand. There are also so many secondary characters that I would love to know more about.
- Addictiveness: Even though I was expecting more action in a military read, this book had an easy flow that kept me reading fast.
- Plot: The story was a bit slow-paced and repetitive. Sometimes if felt like the story was on a loop. Also, it was never explained why the doctors and nurses kept being kidnapped and the medical supplies were being taken.
- Characters: Caitlyn was not my favorite. I was unable to understand her and because of that I could never connect. Even now, I have not truly understands Caitlyn motives to running away from Ryder.
First I would like to point out that I haven’t read the series before and even though this is book #14 of the series I was able to follow everything that was going on.
I love a military series. These band of brothers are so loyal and caring for each other that makes them very unique and interesting. Ms. Mayer has created this amazing setting that feels very realistic. The reader is immersed in this violent reality and becomes even more grateful for all the brave men and women out there.
I would love to read Corey and Mac’s books. Specially Corey, I can totally see he will be an amazing character to explore. I may not go back and read all 13 books that I’ve missed but I would like to read at least the stories of those in Ryder’s unit like Devlin and Easton so I can get to know them better.
You MAY read this because you have followed the series; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy a hot alpha male; but you MUST read this if you like military settings!!!
Monday, October 16
Book featured at Reader’s Edyn
Tuesday, October 17
Book reviewed at The Book Junkie Reads
Wednesday, October 18
Book featured at Books, Dreams, Life
Thursday, October 19
Book featured at I’m Shelf-ish
Friday, October 20
Book featured at The Bookworm Lodge
Monday, October 23
Book featured at The Writer’s Life
Tuesday, October 24
Book featured at The Dark Phantom
Wednesday, October 25
Book featured at A Book Lover
Thursday, October 26
Book reviewed at More Books than Livros
Friday, October 27
Book featured at Harmonious Publicity