I received this book for free from Bewitching Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Fireborn Wolves #1
Published by Carpe Luna Publishing on 9/13/2016
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Source: Bewitching Book Tours
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play
Some cravings can’t be denied.
Werewolf Laina Flynn longs to break from the patriarchal expectations of Fireborn pack. A successful entrepreneur, she doesn’t have time to be bossed around by her alpha brother, Silas, let alone to act as a proper werewolf princess.
But when a wolf is found murdered on Fireborn shifting grounds, Laina will do anything to protect her pack, even if it means posing as a waitress at a club that flies in the face of her feminist ideals. Unfortunately, her inner wolf marks the club’s owner, Kyle “The King” Kingsley, as her vice—her metaphysical addiction. He becomes a hunger she can’t ignore…one that could threaten her life, her family, and her pack.
Fireborn Wolves #1
A werewolf’s inner wolf was a second soul, a personality separate and distinct from her human mind, one that usually got its way only three days per month.
- The originality e creativity of the author is incredible. I love a shifter story, but it’s refreshing once in a while to read a totally different spin on the shifter’s world. Ms. Jack does this really well.
- This is the perfect cover. It makes my mouth water. I can guess it’s a shifter, the way the image, title and author’s name is shown it all adds to it, nothing trying to outshine the other.
- I have really enjoyed the world-building by the author. It’s very detailed and even though I haven’t read any of the books of the spin-off series, I have full understood everything.
- It’s a good plot. It kept me guessing and I’ve finished wanting more.
- It’s well written, with no typo mistakes.
- I like the characters. Laina is a very strong character and Kyle lets her shine.
- I really love the entire group of characters. I know some of them were featured on the spin-off series and I still see many that deserves their own story.
- I love the concept of the strong female werewolf versus the “weak” human. Interesting! Different!
- I had some trouble with the pace. At least the first 20% maybe 30% of the story is more about the setting than the characters. The couple doesn’t interact much at this beginning which had me unsure if it would be a romance or only would have romantic elements. After that the story picks up and gets a great flow.
- I’m usually into an alpha male, not that I like my females weak, I like them kicking-ass, but I like my males stronger. I had some trouble adjusting with Kyle. But this is about personal preference. At the end, this was one of the highest point of the story, how Ms. Jack has constructed the power exchange between characters.
You MAY buy this book because you have read the spin-off series; you SHOULD buy this book because you like shifters romance; you MUST buy this book because you are ready for something different, original, unique!!!