Series: Threats of Sky and Sea #3
on September 27, 2016
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Smashwords
War hurtles in, a typhoon over the sea.
After Bree’s life was torn apart, Nereidium had represented a haven to her. A place that—if she could save it—was beyond the King’s reach.
And, at last, she’s arrived upon its shores. But things in Nereidium are not what they should be.
The land is plagued by a rash of mysterious earthquakes, the likes of which it’s never known. The governors are distracted by old traditions, while Bree and her friends grapple with changing identities and the sense that the longer they wait to take action… the greater the danger from Egria grows.
Bree is tired of living under the shadow of King Langdon’s power. And she’s tired of waiting for him to be the first to act.
In this final chapter of the Threats of Sky and Sea series, it all comes down to Nereidium or Egria. To Bree or the King. It’s kill… or be killed.
And not everyone will escape the battle unscathed.
Fall of Thrones and Thorns
Threats of Sky and Sea #3
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / iBooks / Smashwords
*** Warning: I don’t recommend reading this book without having read book one and two of the series. I started that way and I had to stop, read books one and two and come back for this one.***
- Cover – This is beautiful! The color is compelling and the cover is full of details that make all the difference. I would read this book without even reading a blurb, just because of the fantastic cover.
- POV – I love the different point-of-views. It is a great addition to the story. It’s not the usual out there, so is different and really worked.
- Characters – I like them. I like all the secondary characters and their different powers. I like how they are all very supportive of Bree. I really like Bree. I also like the journey Aleta took on this one.
- Freshness – This is a very original series. The author is very creative. Don’t want to say much and spoil for those that haven’t read it yet.
- Addictiveness – The series was easy to read, it kept me guessing and wanting more, but book three alone not so much.
- I had a big problem with the plot in general here. Really, this was the worst of the three books for me. The pace of the first half of the story was very slow, after the WOW ending of book two I was expecting the WOW factor here, and it didn’t happen. The action picks up, but I was a bit disappointed with the end.
- I know this wasn’t a romance, but because the first two books hinted at some romance, it felt short when it didn’t grow here.
- I like the series, but sadly book three was not my favorite.
You MAY read this book because you want an end to the conflict; you SHOULD read this book because you have read book one and two; you MUST read this book because you want to see Bree grow into her own skin as a princess with her aunt’s help!!!