I received this book for free from Goddess Fish Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Dark Deliverance by Tamela Miles
Series: Hell On Heels #2
Published by The Wild Rose Press on July 27, 2016
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Source: Goddess Fish Promotions
Buy on Amazon
Elle Connor's life is as grim as she had always feared. Years of demon slaying have left her with nothing to show for her trouble. She's convinced a "normal" life was never meant for her.
Patrick Holt wants nothing more than to be away from the holy wars and has lived quietly for years as an average human. The trouble is that he's anything but average--he's a fallen hybrid angel.
When Tagas the guardian angel pairs them up to investigate the brutal slayings of young women in Los Angeles, Elle wants nothing to do with Patrick. As Elle and Patrick begin to understand each other, irritation is forgotten and fiery passion ignites between them. "No ties" is how they both live, but Elle soon begins to long for much more. As they become sucked deeper into the mysterious killings, Elle fears that, in this battle, Hell will win.
Hell On Heels #2
- Cover – This cover is really beautiful. It has drawn my attention from the beginning and as soon as I saw it, I knew I would read this book. The color, the hot angel, the city as a background, all very tasteful.
- Plot – Ms. Miles has created a good plot. It is fast-paced, it kept me guessing and I have ended wanting more. I also commend her on her creativity. It’s different from the usual.
- Characters – You got a “Buffy”-style demon hunter and a dreamy angel trying to be famous. They are both adorable! They are easy to love, connect and relate.
- Heat and Romance – The love story here is great. Really this is all about their romance, which is great for me. It’s a very fast read and the author decided to emphasize the couple’s relationship. For a short book, it was very well written. The relationship doesn’t feel rushed. There is one very hot scene that was relevant to the story and made me feel their passion and love.
- Freshness – This is a very original story. Nothing here is the usual. The setting created by the author is also unique.
- Addictiveness – This was a pretty addictive read. I couldn’t put down and I was sad when it ended.
- I wanted the book longer. There is definitely material here for a full novel. I would have loved to know more about this world and to get better immerse into this setting.
You MAY read this book because you like paranormal reads; you SHOULD read this book if you want a quick read; you MUST read this book because you like a fast spicy romance!!!
She covered his phone with one hand, forcing him to look up. Her full lips curved in a gentle smile. “I see what Tagas meant by your superior wisdom and experience. I didn’t mean to come across like a badass demon hunter who knows it all. You hunted demons long before I was even born.”
“So, now I’m old? Thanks.” He clicked off the phone and set it beside him on the seat. Elle gave a chuckle.
“Let’s just agree that you have a glorious past when it comes to slaying demons that has given you certain…um, insights into it that I don’t have.”
Elle watched his expression change, his eyes focusing intently on her as he smiled. Her heart began to beat a little faster. She wasn’t prepared to deal with this other, blatantly sensual part of Patrick in such close confines and moved to make more space between them.
He moved with her until their shoulders touched. “I have insights into many other things. Would you like to hear them, Elle?”
The heat of his glance and the softness of his tone made her hyperaware, her skin tingling. She cleared her throat nervously. “Sure, go ahead.”
August 11: Megan Morgan
August 11: Sapphyria’s Book Reviews
August 18: Christine Young
August 25: Louise Lyndon Romance Author Hear Me Roar
September 1: The Avid Reader
September 8: Fabulous and Brunette
September 8: EskieMama Reads
September 15: BooksChatter
September 22: Book Crazy Scrapbook Mama
September 22: Spunk and Hunks
September 29: More Books Than Livros
September 29: The Silver Dagger Scriptorium