I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Choosing Happy by Samatha Harris
Series: Madison Square #1
Published by Limitless Publishing on September 20, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Buy on Amazon
Madison Buchanan’s life has imploded…
Her husband left her for his nineteen-year-old intern, leaving her alone and faced with starting over in her forties. With the help of her feisty best friend, Madison reinvents herself, armed with a new look and open to new possibilities.
Sean Taylor is gorgeous, fun, and young—very young…
He hasn’t had the best of luck. Sean’s track record with women is less than stellar, but when he walks into The Den one day, he just can’t help but be captivated by a dark haired beauty with the sad eyes and killer legs. She’s a little older, but he doesn’t discriminate. More than anything, he wants to be the one to make her smile.
Sean personifies the only thing that has eluded Madison all of her life—joy…
It was meant to be a fling, something fun, with no strings and zero drama, but Sean wants something more, and Madison is just not ready. She’s lived by the rules her family, her friends, even her boss have laid out for her, but her new life is not what she expected. Being with Sean opens feelings she never thought she’d experience.
The the demands of her family and her job throw her boring, simple life into chaos, and Sean is no exception…
Madison is left with a choice. Give in to the expectations of the world around her—or choose to follow her heart and be happy.
But choosing happy is so much harder than it seems.
Madison Square #2
Romantic; mouth-watering hero; hot!!!
This kiss tasted of possibilities, of a future filled with ups and downs and choices, but as long as we were together in the end then we’d always be choosing happy above all else.
- This is a good cover. You could guess is a contemporary romance. After reading the book you could see the couple. The title is perfect and very pertinent to the book.
- This book has a great plot. It was fast-paced, kept me guessing until the end and I’ve ended wanting more. It was well written, with no typo mistakes that I can remember, everything was relevant to the story and perfect cohesive. Several sub-plots here, with one great twist at the end.
- This is a romance story that doesn’t try to be anything else. The main focus is on the relationship of the couple and their dynamic into each other’s world.
- This is a pretty steamy romance with a lot of sexy scenes, but they were all fitting to the story’s mood. Some great descriptions with a few panty-wetter scenes.
- Seth is perfection!!!!! No joking, from Alex & Drew’s book I couldn’t have guess that he would be so amazing. Totally book boyfriend material!
- I was totally addicted to this book. In fact, I’m addicted to the series. I read both books on the same day. I couldn’t let go, and even though I know we will have more, I was sad that I didn’t have more to read NOW.
- This is the series that we can see going on and on and on. Really, the setting Ms. Harris has created with the strong group of friends that feels like family, it has a lot to go on. I believe we are going to see Liam’s book next. Can’t wait! But I would also love to see Emily and Bridget getting a book.
- After reading both books of the series I have to say, Ms. Harris knows how to write fantastic heroes! Really, they are all book boyfriend material!!!
- I have to say it, because freshness/creativity is one of my review criteria, it was a pretty predictable story. I also would like to say, that this type of story, doesn’t need to be totally different or new. A romance needs to be well written and to have readers feeling characters’s emotions. This was done perfectly here, so the predictability didn’t bother me at all.
- This is even strange, it doesn’t usually happen to me… I have loved the book, but I’ve hated the main female character. Usually I need to connect and relate with characters to throughly immerse myself into the story. Well, I guess this was one of those I love this, in spite of the heroine. I guess Seth was so perfect, that I didn’t care for Maddison at all. Seth would be a 5 star character for me, Maddison would be a 1 star, it ended in the middle with a 3 stars. I started liking Maddison, but as I kept reading the book, she became worst, until the end I wanted to slap some sense into her.
- Maddison: She is my age, I should have connected and related to her instantly. She was a pain in the arse. She loved to talk about the age difference between her and Seth and it felt like she was the child of the relationship. She was always crying and into pity parties. She was a doormat to almost everybody, but Seth. She made some bad decisions that in my opinion were low very low. View Spoiler »You know a guy is falling for you, but you decide to date another. Then you find out the other is your lover’s father and you still keep going out with him. Not only the father, but the father that your lover seems to hate. This is beyond soap opera material. « Hide Spoiler I also hated Margot, her best friend. Really, my generation of women (that are in the 40’s) was badly represented in this book. I also have to point out that hate is really close to love, I was never indifferent to Maddison, which would be worst, much worst. This character did affect me in her own way.
No guy wants to be sweet. Hot, sure. Sexy, definitely. Ruggedly handsome, well, that’s a given, but sweet is just female code for I’m never gonna sleep with you.
You MAY buy this book because you have read the first of the series; you SHOULD buy this book because you love a good romance; you MUST read this book because you want to meet one of the most amazing guys ever!!!
I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Somewhere In Between by Samatha Harris
Series: Madison Square
Published by Limitless Publishing on November 10, 2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Buy on Amazon
Alexandra McCabe is disconnected from the world, grieving the loss of her parents…
Content with studying and keeping to herself, Alex has no interest in the campus playboy, Drew Collins, trying to get close to her. But even dousing him with beer doesn’t deter the easy-going charmer, and against her better judgment, the pair falls into a reluctant friendship.
Drew is bored with college life, and Alex’s romantic rejection intrigues him…
Their friendship is good for both of them, but Drew is used to getting what he wants, and he’s tired of shallow sorority girls. He’s much more interested in the feisty redhead, but despite his growing feelings, Alex keeps him firmly in the friend zone.
Old heartaches and new tragedies deepen a complicated relationship…
Whatever life throws their way, Alex and Drew remain best friends with their own traditions. Drew is Alex’s family, her rock, and Alex keeps Drew grounded, always challenging him to better himself.
When years of buried feelings rush to the surface, they threaten to change everything…
Drew promised his mother he’d tell Alex how he feels, when the time is right—but how will he know when that is? Alex is terrified to reveal those ‘three little words,’ certain Drew doesn’t feel the same, and she’ll lose the only family she has.
Getting what you want might be as easy as being brave enough to ask for it. Should Alex and Drew open their hearts, and risk being crushed? Should they be satisfied with a deep, lifelong friendship?
Or does the only chance for happiness lie…
Somewhere In Between?
Somewhere In Between
Madison Square #1
Love story with capital L!!!
A different review than my usual by topics, but this book quotes were so good, so rich and entertaining that I decided this was the way to go.
This is how it starts:
As if the killer headache wasn’t the first clue to my drunken state last night, the blonde in my bed clinched it.
Drew was a player. He was a 22-year-old college student. A smooth operator that liked to play the field and the girls loved to be played by him. Until he meets Alex, a totally different girl, that didn’t want him.
“Who said I wanted to sleep with you?” I absolutely did want to sleep with her, but she didn’t need to know that.
And despite everything up until that point; Drew, the player, became best friend with a girl.
Alex was in a tough place, had recently lost her parents and felt lonely in the world. Drew became her security blanket. He not only took care of her, but his entire family embraced her into their nest. So, even though he fell in love with the girl, he decided that she needed a friend more.
“I hope I can find someone to love me like that,” she said, her voice low and hoarse as she fought back the tears. I have her a sad smile, hoping someday I could be that man.
6 years later, they are still best friends. In fact, they are family. A married couple without sex. And Alex, yeah, she was a bit slow, finally decided to see, she may have feeling for Drew and in totally Alex style she mess it up their relationship some. But even though Drew may seem perfect up until now, he is also human, and still a player, and make an even bigger mess. And Alex feels lonely again.
When your best friend breaks your heart, who is left to call to help you pick up the pieces?
To add fuel to this fire, Alex had lots of insecurities, was totally clueless and a bit blind.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe I played with those other girls because the one that I wanted didn’t want me?
Like all great romance should, when it happened it was fantastic!!!
He played my body like a piano, coaxing flat, deep moans or sharp high pitch cries from me as he played
- I love how the author have created this love story. We fall in love with the couple, with fall in love with theirs friends, we become part of this family.
- This is the perfect love story. There is no rush. We see exactly attraction changing into friendship into love into romance into forever! Each step is well written, with the perfect flow.
- This was a fast-paced read that ended with me wanting more. God, I think I could read several books of Drew and Alex’s romance and wouldn’t be bored with it.
- Drew is the type of boy I hope my boys will become when they grow up.
- I can’t wait to read more of this series!
You MAY buy this book because you have liked the blurb; you SHOULD buy this book because you enjoy new adult romance; you MUST READ this book because you enjoy an amazing love story!!!