I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing, NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Willing Target by Kathleen Mix
Published by Entangled: Select Suspense on September 26, 2016
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Source: Entangled Publishing, NetGalley
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU
The last thing covert operative Mitch Weaver wants is to be partnered with a gorgeous, reckless newbie. Still reeling from the death of his former partner, Mitch doesn't need the responsibility of keeping anyone else alive, especially when they volunteer to be a killer's target. Not to mention, his attraction to the too-perky blonde is the kind of distraction that could get them both killed in their line of work.
Andrea Carnegie's first assignment isn't going quite as she planned. Her partner might be sexy but he's completely frustrating with his determination to keep her out of danger. Masquerading as a billionaire's sister to bait a possible killer is her chance to shine. But if she wants to catch the person threatening their client, she’ll have to find a way to work together with Mitch while still keeping her distance. Even as the air between them sizzles, Andrea knows the worst possible thing she could do is fall for her partner.
- Cover – This is genius! It’s so perfect this cover. It tells the story here. I love the color, the vibe. You can “feel”this book through its cover.
- Plot- Oh! I love it! It’s like Sandra Bullock’s movie and it’s perfect! The agents are not partners, but have come together for this case. Their attraction is undeniable, but they are focus on their job. It’s told in duo point-of-view and this works really well with this story. It’s fast-paced and it kept me wanting more until the end.
- Characters – I love Andrea. She is a multi-dimensional character and we got to see her as a tomboy but also as a vulnerable woman. I’ve laughed with her and her impulsive ways of trying to prove she can make it. Mitch is also an amazing character. Totally hot, dangerous and focus. I would love to learn more about Karli and Dillon. Andrea’s family are all horrible, which I consider great secondary characters, because they really made me feel angry.
- heat and romance – The romance was good and it has some great sexual tension.
- Addictiveness- This was a very easy read for me. In on sitting I’ve finished the book and I’ve ended hoping that Dillon and Karli get a book of their own.
- Freshness- The plot was a bit predictable. There were a few plot twists, but I already knew who was behind everything early on the story but it didn’t diminish my pleasure with the read.
You MAY read this book because you enjoy a light romance; you SHOULD read this book because you like your romance with a dash of mystery and suspense; you MUST read this book if you like me have enjoyed the movie Ms. Congeniality with Sandra Bullock!!!