I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Dating Experiment by Emma Hart
Series: The Experiment #2
on May 8, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
1.Get over my best friend’s brother.
2.Remember that I’m over him.
3.Prove I can date other people.
It should be easy.
Setting up a dating website with the guy I’ve been in love with since I was five wasn’t my smartest idea.
Especially since he’s my best friend’s brother—thankfully, she’s okay with the fact I’m pulling a Sandy and I’m hopelessly devoted to him.
Which is why it’s time to get over him.
So I do something crazy and ask Dominic Austin to find me a date. He does—if I find him one, too.
Since we own Stupid Cupid, it should be easy, right? And it is.
My date is perfect. His date is perfect. Everything is perfect.
Until he kisses me…
And a big-ass mess…
Romantic comedy; Contemporary Romance; sibling’s best-friend.
Book three of series. I know it says this is book #2 of The Experiment, but in reality, this is the third book of a trio of best-friends. The Upside to Being Single, was a stand-alone that worked as a spin-off to The Experiment duet.
- Addictiveness: Medium-high addictiveness. This is a fast, fun, sexy read.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 4/5, real 4/5 I have to say that I love all couples of this series. All characters are easy to love, connect and understand. This is Chloe’s book. Yes, the uptight of the three friends. The one that has been in love with her bestfriend’s brother her entire life. The one that is his business partner, and have a dating site with the love of her life. The one that has never talked to him about her feelings. Chloe’s way of dealing with her feelings towards Dom is to be a bit passive-aggressive, always bickering. Now, we have Dominic, who also has been in love with his sister’s best-friend his entire life, but has never said anything. Yes, he is Chloe’s business partner and they see each other every day. He is also passive-aggressive with Chloe. Completely crazy and it annoyed me a bit. But these three girls together are so amazing, their relationship so fun, that it is hard to have hard feelings for anyone here. I love this “Friends” (the tv show) vibe. Each friend is different and together they complement each other really well.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. This one is fun, cute, has beautiful colors and font. I only missed something more particular to the story. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 3/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 3/5 Good opening and wonderful ending. Ok conflict and dialogues very well written. Fast-paced with enough heat made it really enjoyable. I love the friendship here. I love how this doesn’t have much angst and still is great. It doesn’t always have to have drama to be enjoyable.
- Romance: believable 3.5/5, chemistry 4/5, description 4/5, development 3/5, steam 4/5 Yes! I like them together and I knew it was inevitable since the first book. The only thing that I would say is that I expected some sort of drama between them before. Because really, why would they wait so long? Their moments together are sexy and cute. The smut is always well written and very pertinent to the story.
- Writing Style: Fantastic characters, fun plot and sexy romance.
- Freshness: This was predictable. There was no twist. But, it doesn’t bother me. It was fun, sexy read.
Because this feels like the end of the series I have to say: I love Ms. Hart ‘s writing. She knows how to write romcom. It always has the perfect amount of fun scenes to sexy scenes. The way she writes friendship is even more beautiful than how she writes romance. These three books were more than the girls findind their love interest, it was about how they loved each other and their tight little group.
The Upside to Being Single, was still my favorite book of the three. Really Mel was so clumsy and crazy that I fell in love with her. But all three girls are amazing and their love partner were great add-ons to their group.
28/35 STARS – 4 STARS (between 28 stars and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 4 Cover: 4 Freshness: 3.5 Plot: 4 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4.5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. A must read for everyone that likes romantic comedy.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? She is one of my to go author of romcom.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this because is a fun, sexy read!!!