I received this book for free from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Fortuity Duet #2
Published by Rochelle Paige on May 8, 2018
Cover Design: LJ Anderson at Mayhem Cover Creations
Cover Model: Daniel Rengering and Pamela Tremblay Mcallen
Cover Photographer: Sara Eirew Photography
Genres: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Source: Social Butterfly PR
Buy on Amazon, International Options
I’d lived a privileged life, in the lap of luxury and surrounded by family. It had felt like I was on top of the world...until tragedy struck.
My sense of loss felt bottomless, and I struggled with it every single day. Finding my path back into the light seemed impossible.
But then I met Faith—she was smart, sexy, and out of my league even though she didn’t have a penny to her name. We grew up in different worlds, but somehow we fit perfectly together.
Except neither of us had counted on learning that our connection was more profound than we knew.
Serenity, the conclusion to the emotional and romantic Fortuity Duet by Rochelle Paige, is available NOW!
Download your copy or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited today!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2HXsrJV
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/SerenityFD
Add to GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2JKHac8
New Adult; Contemporary Romance.
Book #2 of a duet. It should not be read as a stand-alone, you must read the first book before this one.
- Addictiveness: Highly Addictive. Like the first book, this was a difficult, emotional read that grabbed me you and didn’t let go. I felt like I couldn’t put the book down until the resolution.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes! Their development continued in this book and I’ve loved them even more. There was a bit of immaturity specially dealing with the cliffhanger of the first book, but we can’t forget they are very young. At the same time, they both really learned and grew from their mistakes. It was bittersweet reading the end of their journey, but I have so many secondary characters that I would love to read more. Really, Emily, Kyle, Corey and Christine are a few that seemed like to have a lot to tell.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. I love this one! This is the perfect continuity for the first one. Again, the reader can feel the emotion jumping out of the cover. This title is great! I would definitely buy this book without reading the blurb because of this amazing cover art.
- Freshness: This may not have anything that I could say “oh, wow, so original”, but the overall feeling is FRESH, NEW. When the reader thinks he/she knows it all, the author throws another curve ball. Wow! What a curve ball!!!
- Plot:believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and perfect ending. Really good conflict and intense dialogues. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists that makes this story heartfelt. Super emotional plot! This story plays with the readers emotions all the time. I’ve cried hard reading this. In fact, this is Ms. Paige’s gift: her ability to connect readers to characters to the point that they feel everything the characters are feeling. I’ve felt pain, sorrow, joy, love, frustration and desperation along with both characters. What a ride!!!
- Romance:believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 Even when they were both acting stupid, even in the middle of the ups-and-downs their love for each other shined. They truly matured while learning to deal with all this grown up feelings and curve balls life sent them. Beautiful!!!
- Writing Style: Wow! Emotional, emotional, emotional!!! Fabulous characters, wonderful plot, beautiful romance.
Wow! I’m still shocked of how much I’ve felt while reading this duet. Ms. Paige has taken me into an emotional journey that had me going all over the place. Really outstanding read if you don’t mind angst.
33/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (between 31.5 stars and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 5 Romance: 4.5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 1/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys romance with angst.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? Can’t wait to read more from her.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the duet; you MUST read this because you are a fan of angst romance!!!
“You feeling okay?” I murmured in Faith’s ear as I pulled her closer. We were watching a movie, cuddled on the couch together. I was leaning back against the cushions in the corner, and she was between my legs with her head on my chest. But she wasn’t relaxed like she should be after a day out shopping with my mom. She was so damn tense she was practically vibrating with it.
I slid my palms up her arms, pleased as fuck at the goosebumps that followed in the wake of my touch. There was no denying that she still responded to me with the same fierceness she had since we first met. But there was also no denying that something was wrong with Faith. She’d seemed off ever since we got situated on the couch a few hours earlier. I wasn’t sure what was bothering her, but it felt like she was pulling away from me.
When she’d moved in with me a couple of weeks ago, life had seemed as close to perfect as it could get. We had our college degrees. My dad gave me a week off before I started my new job at his company. Living with me meant Faith could continue on for her master’s degree without worrying about money. It was a big fucking deal that she was willing to let me take care of her that way since she was so damn self-sufficient.
My tough girl had finally taken down some of her walls and let me in. She’d even found the courage to admit she loved me.
But no matter how often she said those three little words, I still felt like she hadn’t let me all the way in. I figured it’d take time, and I needed to be patient with her. To remember she wasn’t used to being loved by anyone and didn’t know how to handle it.
Normally, I was okay with that. But tonight it was almost as though she was scared. And if my tough girl was afraid of something, then it was my job to make her feel safe. Which would be a hell of a lot easier if I knew what I was up against; only Faith wasn’t giving me much to go on.
Start the duet with Fortuity!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2F5wXni
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/Fortuity
Add to GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2G71HcP