I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.RUSTY NAIL by Nazarea Andrews
Series: River Street Bar #2
on May 8, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK
In a small town, rumor is everything…
Life came easy to him.
Town playboy Aidric Jones has it all: money, women, a life without responsibility. Until his house burns down and a daughter he doesn't know lands on his doorstep. No one expects him to step up, to grow up, but he finds disappointment is different when someone is counting on him.
And everyone is whispering…
Growing up on the wrong side of the tracks everyone knew Olivia Buckley was going to end up pregnant and stuck in River City with a deadbeat boyfriend. Now she’s a single mom working for her parent’s construction company, unable to escape a reputation she hates. She’s fighting like hell to make a life for herself and her son, to prove everyone wrong.
They’re two people with nothing in common except a falling down house, two angry kids, and a town full of rumors--but maybe that’s enough
They’ll give them something to talk about…
Also in this series: Fireball
Also by this author: Fireball
Today we are celebrating the release of RUSTY NAIL by Nazarea Andrews.
Rusty Nail is an adult contemporary romance, standalone novel, and it is the second book in the brand new River Street Bar series.
Purchase links are below and you can grab the book for just .99 cents for a limited time.
You can sign up for Nazarea’s newsletter for exclusive details.
PURCHASE IT NOW FOR .99 CENTS
Add the Book to Goodreads
Book #2 of River Street Bar Series. I believe Rusty Nail can be read as a stand-alone.
- Addictiveness: Medium-high addictiveness. It was a fast read, that can easily be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 4.5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes! My favorite part about a book is character development. I love River City community and its people. Aidric was a firefighter, like his nephew (the hero from the first book), and was known as the town playboy. When life dealt him a tough hand, everybody expected him to fold, but bluffed and betted all-in. Even though people talk about Aidric as a manwhore, in his book, he is wonderful. From the moment he learned of Kendra, he become this responsible, fun, smart guy. He may never had a serious relationship before, but he was all about family. So, to feel responsible and love Kendra was not hard for him. Ollie has always dreamed of leaving River City, but a teenage pregnancy changed her life plans. After that she has always been the town screw-up, slut. Only because of a mistake done at 17 years old. Now her business is failing and Aidric Jones maybe her salvation. But she is not ready for the feelings that she has for Aidric and his daughter. I think the conflict was mostly created by Ollie and I felt bad that Aidric took any part of the blame. Kendra and Theo, Aidric’s daughter and Ollie’s son, are great secondary characters. In fact, they are almost as main characters as Aidric and Ollie. They are all easy to love, connect and understand. Now, I didn’t like Natalie, on the first book, and I liked her even less here. At the same time, I can feel she will get a book of her own soon and I may have to solve my dislikes for her. 🙂
- Cover: art 4/5, title 4/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 4/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. I like that this cover has been made specifically for this book. The title, Rusty Nail, is a drink at River Street bar. At the same time I have to say, different from Fireball, the bar in this book has a very insignificant role. Still, I like the art and I find it sexy. I would easily buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: This one as different from most romance books out there. Even really different from Fireball. This is not so much a romance, but much more a family journey. Not only the couple meet and learns each other’s quirks, but the two kids are part of this new clan they are creating. Very interesting!!!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 3.5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 3.5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Ok conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with a good family foundation to make this really enjoyable. Amazing setting with a good subplot. Not much of a twist here, but the bit of drama of the beginning carried the plot well. This was a unique story of a new family being created. Both adults were amazing parents that had an easy way of dealing with their almost teenagers. Both kids were adorable and very mature for their age.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 3/5, description 3/5, development 4/5, steam 2/5 This was a slow burn romance. The couple really become friends first and then started a relationship. They had more meaningful scenes as a family, than as a couple. It was different, than most romance, but it did work for this plot.
- Writing Style: Amazing characters; great plot; unique romance.
- Romance: Even though I have really enjoyed the development of the relationship here, I’ve missed a few of one-on-one moment between the couple. Maybe the in-between, from them jumping from friends-to-couple. Also, I didn’t feel their chemistry. In fact, I don’t even know well, what they look like.
I’m a character reader. I love series with amazing characters story arch. There is so many places that I can see this series going, there are so many people who I’m looking forward to know better. I can’t wait for what comes next at River City.
29/35 STARS – 4 STARS (between 28 stars and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 4.5 Plot: 4 Romance: 3 Writing Style: 4
- Action 0/5
- Angst 2.5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 4/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. A must read for everyone that likes small town contemporary romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I’m really looking forward to do it.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this because this town is filled with amazing people!!!
PURCHASE THE FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES
PURCHASE NOW FOR $2.99
DON’T MISS EXCLUSIVE DETAILS!
Join Nazarea’s READER GROUP.
You can get exclusive news, sneak peeks, giveaways, and more!