I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing, NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Prodigal by Jody Wallace
Series: Maelstrom Chronicles
Published by Entangled: Select Otherworld on September 5, 2016
Genres: Sci Fi Romance
Source: Entangled Publishing, NetGalley
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble
Adam Alsing has no idea who he is or why he’s huddled naked in the snow next to a mysterious silver pod. When a gorgeous, no-nonsense sheriff by the name of Claire Lawson rescues him, she explains the planet’s under attack—and he’s been missing for over two years. The problem is, what he doesn’t remember can kill them.
He nearly destroyed the world, but with her help, he can save it.
Keeping the peace in her post-apocalyptic town is all the trouble Sheriff Claire Lawson can handle. Until the MIA Chosen One—the guy who could have prevented the apocalypse—interrupts her supply run. The Shipborn aliens want to study him, and what’s left of the Terran government wants to lock him up. But his charming demeanor and his desire to help, along with his sexy smile, has Claire fighting her better judgment to keep Adam around. For now.
Adam Alsing—at least that’s what they tell him his name is—just knows he wants to stay with Claire. She’s the one thing that makes him feel grounded. Grounded and kind of turned on, but these are serious times. The monsters have stepped up their attacks and nobody knows why. He’ll help her protect her town, her Shipborn friends, and every human on Earth who hates him for being the man he can’t remember being. He’s afraid he’s still that man, the one who failed the planet. Or is he something entirely new and even more dangerous?
The Maelstrom Chronicles series is best enjoyed in order.
Book #1 Angeli
Book #2 Traitor
Book #3 Prodigal
Maelstrom Chronicles #3
Romantic Sci-fi at its best!!!
- Cover – Beautiful! I would buy without reading the blurb. I would guess a hot male, in a sci-fi story in a dystopian world because of the dilapidated building in the background. I like the colors and the title and sub-title are also great. In fact, after you read the book, the title become so relevant that it only adds to the story.
- Plot- It’s a bold science fiction story with a romantic sub-plot. The world building by the author is incredible and the book keep you on your toes until the end. The author masterfully created this complex, incredibly creative plot that is action-packed and fast-paced. Kudos to Ms. Wallace. Also, I would like to point out that I didn’t pay attention this was book three of a trilogy and I have read this without reading the previous two books. I was lost sometimes, but it did not diminish my overall satisfaction with this story. In fact, it just pumped me to go back and read the entire trilogy now in order of course.
- Characters- Claire is a kick-ass heroine and Adam dream-worthy hero. Really he is so charismatic, even not knowing much about himself that was easy to fall in love, connect, relate and understand these characters. There are so many amazing secondary characters, that I’m really dying for some time to go back and read book one and two. In fact, I truly believe the author could expand on this series, maybe with a spin-off.
- Heat/Romance- The romantic plot is complex, is not the usual cute stuff. It’s imaginative, it’s unique! Adam really is on to Claire. While she, as is her nature, is a bit more cautious. There was always the question of where Adam was and if he could be trusted? Claire is very fierce and protective of her people so her cautious nature is totally understandable. Adam, on the contrary, doesn’t remember much, but his instincts tell him that she calms him down and he can be himself around her. I was rooting so much for him, I really wanted him to get the girl. 🙂
- Freshness- OMG! This is this pure creativity, forward thinking, a person that clearly think outside the box. Much love to Ms. Wallace for being so good!
- Addictiveness- This is a book to be read on a Saturday or Sunday. Don’t start reading it, say Monday night; because you will not be able to let go, and will get no sleep. Get comfortable, grab some water and buckle up for this great adventure.
- This was my first book by Ms. Wallace, but I’ve become a fan! I’m going to stalk her, follow her and read all her stuff, because it is impossible for something so good be a one-time hit wonder!!!
- This was perfect!
- Better, I should have read book one and two. That is my mistake, not Ms. Wallace of course. But I’m giving it a 4.5 stars and I will probably change to five after I’ve read the entire trilogy and can keep up with all that many aliens out there.
You MAY, SHOULD and MUST read this because it’s better than good, it’s beyond great, it’s superb!!!