I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Highland Pride #1
Published by Entangled Publishing on August 15, 2016
Genres: historical romance
Source: Entangled Publishing
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on Indie Bound
Scotland, 1642. Maggie and Lachlan must fight their growing attraction, battling suspicion and intrigue as religious and political turmoil threaten to tear their clans apart.
He has sworn he will never marry.
Lachlan Cameron is honor bound to see a wounded lass to safety, although he has well learned women are deceivers, and this lovely maid harbors a wealth of secrets. But Maggie's free spirit and charms enthrall him while he works to discover if she is innocent...or a spy scheming with his enemies to destroy his clan.
She has sworn she will never fall in love.
Maggie Murray fled her home to avoid a political marriage to an abusive man. Salvation comes when the Cameron laird, unaware of her identity, protects her as she escapes. His kindness slowly warms her, and she's tempted to confess her real name. But his strong sense of honor would force him to return her to her father...and torment at the hands of her scorned betrothed.
Highland Pride #1
Lori Ann Bailey
Big alpha male; kick-ass female; exhilarating romance!!!
He wanted-no, needed to see those blue eyes filled with pleasure, her head tilting back as she accepted his body into hers. by Lachlan
- Great cover! I can see the book in it after reading, I can guess is in Scotland, the title is pertinent to the book, the red on the grass backdrop is beautiful.
- This book had a great plot. Everything was perfect! Clean (no typo mistakes), relevant, perfect cohesively, with no weak points. In fact, there are a few sub-plots going on with some twists.
- I love the concept of a woman rebelling against the outdated idea of arranged marriage.
- I love all the characters. Maggie, the kick-ass heroine that ran away from home dressed as a boy and knows how to ride and work the bow. Lachlan the huge, alpha warrior that is tempted by the girl but is hung up on the past. The secondary characters are also amazing.
- I love the romance, the couple’s chemistry was instantaneous and undeniable. The lovemaking is beautiful! With good descriptions, creativity, and real enough.
- It was a hard to put down book. Pretty addictive read!
- I have ended wanting more. I’m really looking forward to read I guess Lachlan’s sister love story.
- It’s not a book with a lot of fresh new ideas, but it’s masterfully crafted that you don’t miss the great originality.
He was her first, and he would be her only. He never wanted another man to see that look she’d given him as she’d climaxed beneath him. by Lachlan
You MAY read this book because you enjoy historical reads; you SHOULD read this book because you like great characters; you MUST buy this book to fall in love not only with a highland couple, but with an entire clan!