I received this book for free from Bewitching Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Chicks Dig The Accent by Roxanne D. Howard
Published by Loose Id, LLC on August 23, 2016
Genres: Erotic Romance, Contemporary, Fairy Tales Revisited
Format: digital e-book
Source: Bewitching Book Tours
Buy on Amazon
Molly Ivers has always known she’d marry a foreign man with a delicious accent. Six months ago, in a night of unbridled passion, she gave her virginity to her friend and sexy-as-can-be neighbor, rocker Evan Castle. Unfortunately, thanks to his swarm of constant groupies, things didn’t work out, but they remained friends. Now, after having just broken up with her boring, run-of-the-mill right-wing boyfriend, she’s on the verge of finishing her graduate degree and moving to Paris. She's desperate to shake things up--and find that sexy foreign man.
She’s had a crush on Nicholas Sullivan, her British professor, for as long as she can remember. So when opportunity comes knocking to spice up her appearance, in the form of a French life coach, she hires Jean Luc Dubois to help her lbecome more Parisian and hip, to reflect the person she is within. Thanks to Jean Luc’s magic, she starts to catch her hunky English prof’s eye, but the more time she spends with Evan, the more she begins to realize that her Prince Charming might just be the one she’s known all along.
Chicks Dig the Accent
Roxanne D. Howard
My Inspiration: The Things in Life That Inspire Me
Hello, my name is Roxanne D. Howard, and I write contemporary erotic romance. I had an absolute blast writing my latest novella, Chicks Dig the Accent, an erotic romantic comedy and modern-day fairy tale, loosely based on Cinderella. I’d like to share the things in my life that I find inspiration from, which help me along in the writing process.
Family and Friends: This is a bit obvious, right? Well, we have to get inspiration from our characters from somewhere, and it all starts with those closest to us. I have a dear author friend of mine who actually made a three-part series based on her friends alone. She fictionalized them, but they served as the main fodder for her to create fun, engaging protagonists. For me personally, I met a lot of interesting people while serving in the military, and if you’re looking for inspiration, a lot of the time characterization is right in front of you.
Art: I love art. I love how it can capture an emotion, or an experience, so vividly that you feel as though you’re living in it. One thing I’ve done recently is to have commissions made of the characters I create. When I find myself getting stuck, it’s wonderful to have a visual to look at to help me picture what I’m writing about when my brain is stuck. The following art was made by the talented Natalie and Bianca Duarte, of the characters Piper Goldhirsch and Captain Jack Spencer from my new three-part series, Charmed in Costa Mesa, which I hope to have some news to share on soon. In this artwork Piper and Jack are both wearing costumes as they are at a Halloween Ball. Enjoy! Natalie Duarte commissioned the art where they are on the pool table, and her sister Bianca commissioned the art of them leaning forward.
Nature: Where I live, there are beautiful, huge mountains. I love to go hiking and explore the beauty of nature, from the golden medallions that shine through the pine trees from the sun, to the sparkling water of nearby lakes and reservoirs. We enjoy taking our kids on whale watching tours whenever we visit California, and I find the beauty of the ocean beautiful and emotionally moving. There’s so much beauty in life and nature all around us, and it can be a wonderful catapult into a great story setting.
There is always something to write about; inspiration is all around us. We just have to look.
What inspires you? Share in the comments!
Romantic; sexy; addictive!!!
Prince Charmings can be found in the most unlikely of places, no matter what accent they have. The importance beneath the charm, beneath the charisma, beneath the smoking-hot sex, is that they love you just the way you are.
- I loved the book. It was very addictive. I got lucky that my kids are on a school trip and read in one sitting, in one big gulp!!!
- Ms. Howard’s writing style is on-point. She has created a powerful plot; she has cohesively tied all sub-plots and without any typo mistakes that I can remember she has given a thrilling, fast-paced book to her readers.
- This book is hot! The couple’s chemistry is combustible and their love is raw, right open in the air. Even though there was a lot of sex within the book, the romance wass always the most important part of the book and all the scenes were tastefully described and created.
- Have I mention this is panty-wetter, cold-shower hot!
- I love the characters. Molly is fun! Nell is the kind of best-friend you want to have. And Evan… I guess he deserves his own bullet.
- Evan is the perfect hero! He is hot, gorgeous, has an accent, is amazing and creative in bed and the perfect mixture of sensible and caveman. Yeah, fanning myself right now!
- This was my first read from Ms. Howard, but now I will stalk her to find all the goodies that is out there.
- Oh, when I thought that everything was very predictable, even though I didn’t care, because the book was that good… we got a fun, cute, twist. In fact, we sort of got two!!
Your natural beauty has always drawn me. From the second I laid eyes on you. Add it to your big, scary brain, and you-re one lethal combination.
- Yeah, I’m very picky with book covers. They are the beginning and the end of my reading journey. I buy so many books by its cover only that they must speak to me somehow. Yeah, I’m shallow a lot and drool on some male chest, but also I like to “read”the story on a book cover. Then after I finish a book, I like to look at it again and see what else I can find there. This one, I wouldn’t buy it. In fact, when I’ve chosen to tour this book,I did pick only looking at the cover, but it was a different one. It was a drawing of a couple, that for me was interesting. This one, too much pink, I would guess very sweet romance, too much TLC, which doesn’t usually work for me. Then it feels a bit ethereal, so it gives me paranormal vibes, which I love, but is not this book. The glitter on the title it doesn’t give me Molly and Evan at all. I now this was a take on a fairytale, but really this is erotic, it should have a HOT, STEAMY cover.
What I hope you got out of this is that you have the power to decide your own destiny. Love Can be a shield and get us through the harshest of times. It is indeed a strength that should be clutched on tho as tight as one can.
You MAY buy this book because you like erotic romance; you SHOULD buy this book because you like your fairy-tale with spice; you MUST read this book to meet a naughty prince charming!!!
“You know”—he fingered a wayward strand of hair near her face—“we haven’t been alone together since…that night. Funny the way it comes back around, hmm? So, what were you and Grouchy McGee talking about a minute ago? What are you going through with?”
“Nothing. Just this new thing I may or may not try. It’s a sort of…makeover.”
He tilted his head and scanned her face. “Why do you need a makeover? You’re perfect as you are.”
She blushed and got busy with the batter. He’d continually shown an interest, no matter how study-obsessed or sleep-ridden she looked. She pretended it didn’t make a difference, but it more than flattered her; it made her feel special, desired. Once she’d stirred the batter enough, she put it in the pan to cook and found her gaze locked on his chest. Did he put on more muscle since they’d had sex? Or had it been too long since she’d seen him without his shirt? If she reached out, without too much effort, she’d touch him. She fought the urge, and he cracked a smile at her obvious dilemma.
She turned back to stir the eggs and kept her eyes averted and hands busy. “I-I don’t know. I’m going to try a new look. You know, to get ready to go to Paris.”
“So you’re still going to go, huh?”
“Mmm-hmm.” He moved into her peripheral vision. His lips came right behind her ear, and his nose nudged her hair. She tensed.
“I’ve got to tell you, Molly, what happened between us…”
His warm hand slid around front, below her tank top. His fingers grazed her bare stomach, skin to skin. He waited, gauging her reaction.
“Is this okay?”
She almost shook her head, but she wanted his touch! She hadn’t gone without sex since being with him, but her body sang at the heat of his palm, and she realized she was starved for him, for what he and he alone could give her. She gave a barely there nod, and he continued to caress her stomach.
“What happened was… I don’t know what to call it. Amazing, sacred. We’ve kept it between you and me, but if you need someone—”
She gasped as his hand dived into her shorts and he slid his fingers over her clit, between her pussy lips. His fingers slowly made their way back up. He thumbed her sensitive nub, and she closed her eyes and tried to breathe.
“I’m here if you, you know, feel the need. No strings attached. I’ve had my eye on you for a long time now. But I have a feeling you already knew that.”
His voice dropped to a low and sexy growl. He moved his hand farther down, and she leaned her head back onto his shoulder as he thrust two fingers inside. He continued to stimulate her engorged clit while he steadily pumped in and out of her. She let out a small whimper, and his lips moved against her ear.
“Shh. Our little secret, right? I have a secret of my own. I can’t stop thinking about you. What you gave me, what we did together—do you think of me too? Hmm?”