I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Tracy Brothers #1
Published by Self-published on April 30, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo
Jen Appleton is the woman who always says yes. To her boss. To her employees. To charity. To everyone except herself. But when she rear-ends a red Porsche on her way home from a nasty day at work, and the man driving the midlife-crisis cliché turns out to be hot, hot, hot, Jen decides tonight’s the night to say yes to things she’s never said yes to before.
Yes, to a one-night stand in a motel.
Yes, to the hottest night on record.
Yes, to anything Garrett Tracy wants to do to her body.
Garrett knows the chemistry between them can only be described as extreme. But it’s just one night. And then he can get back to work convincing his ex-girlfriend to give him another shot.
When Jen approaches Garrett as the only person in Chicago who might solve her massive work problem, he agrees to help—on the condition that Jen will coach him in winning back his ex. As they work on their projects, Jen and Garrett can’t resist the incredible attraction sparking between them. It’s the perfect friends-with-benefits situation. Until Jen’s heart finally forces her to start saying no
Review and Excerpt Tour for FAST RIDE by Michelle Dayton!
We are excited to celebrate the release of Michelle Dayton’s new release, FAST RIDE!
Join in on the fun with reviews, excerpts, plus a giveaway!
FAST RIDE is a spicy, surprisingly emotional, contemporary romance, the first in a brand-new series.
Find out what happens when Jen Appleton says yes to a one-night stand in a roadside motel with the hot, hot, hot Garrett Tracy.
Book #1 of a new series.
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive. It was a steamy, fun read, easily done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 4.5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Both main characters were easy to love, connect and understand. Jen was an amazing heroine. She was smart, hardworking, caring and savvy. Her part on the deal was my favorite. She not only knew how to play the game, but she was really loyal. Garrett was hot and horny. He was also smart and sweet. I loved his brother and I am looking forward to his book. Yeah, I don’t even know who was more boring and made less sense, Melissa or Simon. They both were ok antagonists.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. I love this art because is a very important scene of the book. It is a bit misleading :), because before reading it I was thinking about race driver, or something crazy like that. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: Nothing that I would say, O.M.G, so original, but it felt fresh. From the way they met, to their deal, it all felt unique, not something you read all the time.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and good ending. Interesting conflict and dialogues very well written. Fast-paced with enough heat to made it really enjoyable. It was fun and very sexy.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Yes! This is a sexy ride. 🙂 I’m not joking, these two together were explosive. They couldn’t be near each other without setting everything on fire. *Fanning myself here* So many scenes that I could mention, with really great description and at the same time pertinent to the plot. Yes, “the heat is on!”
- Writing Style: Fantastic characters, fun plot and sexy romance. What else could I want?
- I don’t know, maybe the conflict. Really Melissa didn’t make much sense.
This was a fun, sexy read, with amazing character development. I can’t wait for the second brother!
31/35 STARS – 4 STARS (between 28 stars and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4 Romance: 4.5 Writing Style: 4
- Action 1/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes, to everyone that likes sexy romantic comedies.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I will!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy romcom; you MUST read this because you are looking for a sexy read!!!
Enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card