I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.ANYTHING FOR YOU by Layla Hagen
Series: The Connor Family #1
on May 3, 2018
Cover Design: RBA Designs
Cover Photographer: Lauren Perry Photography
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Digital, print, audiobook
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK
Sexy. Sweet. Unapologetically romantic.
Hotshot CEO Landon Connor knows what he wants: success. He knows his way around the boardroom, and his work has been front and center for him since losing his wife. But after sealing the biggest deal of his career, he decides to take a trip to his hometown. Nothing spells vacation like a little time in the LA sun with the boisterous family he's missed so mu
But the tempting landscape designer working for his sister spells a whole lot more than fun. Maddie Jennings is everything Landon didn't think he wanted anymore. He can't get enough of Maddie's sweetness, or her sensual curves.
Despite fanning herself every time Landon comes near her, Maddie tries to ignore their attraction. But Maddie hasn't met anyone quite like Landon. He's sexier than anyone has the right to be, and more intense too.
When Landon romances her with late night walks and flowers, she can't help giving in to him. His touch is intoxicating, and his love is beautiful.
But can Landon open up his heart for longer than a summer?
Get your hands on ANYTHING FOR YOU now:
Adult; Contemporary romance.
Book #1 of The Connor Family.
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive. It was a fun, sexy read. That can be done in one sitting.
Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 O.M.G! I love this family. Ms. Hagen had me at hello. All these amazing characters that I can’t even choose. Landon was PERFECT! He is THE book-boyfriend. Landon is a widow. After his wife died he become a workaholic trying to avoid more pain in his life. Until he finally decides to visit his family and takes a two-week vacation. He wasn’t counting on his insta-attraction to his sister’s landscaper. He was a great alpha. A bit bossy, but respectful. A gentleman with a really dirty side. He was an amazing brother and a great boyfriend. Yes, swoon-worthy Landon! Maddie, she was AMAZING! A really great heroine. She had sealed her heart after having it broken by her ex, a complete jerk. But, swoon-worthy-Landon, was too much for anyone to resist. He broke her walls by every little action of his. Maddie was sexy, a hard-worker, fun and a great sister. You are so good at dismantling my walls, Landon. Brick by brick. You’re very, very through. by Maddie
- Cover: art 4.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. This is a great cover. I can see Landon and Maddie there. I like how they feel in love and I think the city background works really well. I love the title, if fits Landon perfectly. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 3/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Interesting conflict and very well written dialogues . Fast-paced with enough heat that made it really enjoyable. It is a fun, sexy read. The plot is cute and sweet. The Connor clan is wonderful.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 4/5 Yes! This was a sexy ride. 🙂 It is romantic, sweet and filled with great smut. Several great scenes. But all the smut is pertinent to the plot, it doesn’t feel forced. It happens naturally. This is a true love story.
- Writing Style: Amazing!!! Easy-to-love characters; feel-good romance and wanting-more plot.
- Freshness: There is nothing here that I can say, omg, so original. It is a bit predictable, without any angst and twists. But who cares? This is a very well written story with perfect characters, fantastic romance and great plot.
My first book by Ms. Hagen and I’ve already become a fan. I can’t wait for all the siblings to have their own book. Also Grace and maybe Elisa. Yes, I know, I’m already creating my own story arch. I can’t deny how excited I am for this series!
31.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (between 31.5 stars and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. A must read for everyone that likes sexy romance with a great clan.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I can’t wait to read more!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like family romance; you MUST read this because you are a fan sexy, fun romance!!!
Get to know the Connor Family!
Want to win?
Layla Hagen has a great giveaway for running on her facebook page – head on over to check it out!