I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Full Circle by Bree Branigan
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Buy on Amazon
He’s rich, handsome, charming . . . perfect. Everything I’ve always wanted. And then my best friend’s sexy – aggravating –younger brother comes along.
At age sixteen, Alana escaped poverty, shame and ruin. She’s never looked back. When she meets Jack, a charming billionaire, things fall into place – finally! She’s surrounded by love and luxury in abundance. Who’d have thought it would change her path? Forced to face her past, Alana makes a stunning discovery, and her life tumbles full-circle.
A steamy, STANDALONE, HEA contemporary romance with sizzling-hot alphas, and a strong, independent woman.
She was finally home. Full circle. And it was good.
Alana has escaped her poor background and has fought her entire life to get a better, different life. Now, at 31, she is bored. She feels like she hasn’t accomplished much. When she meets Jack he seems to be everything that is missing from her life and she believes she has finally hit gold. When her past catches up with her, she doesn’t know what to do. In fact, she doesn’t know what she wants. What will it be? Will Alana get what she wants or will she get what she needs?
- Plot: It’s a good plot. It was very well constructed. It is cohesive with no loopholes in it. It is a fast-paced read that kept me looking for a conclusion. Even though the end was predictable, I still got hooked.
- Heat: I could feel the chemistry between Alana and both her guys. It is not explicit, but the attraction is there.
- Freshness: This is a different than usual story. It has something original.
- Addictiveness: I have very mixed feelings about the book, but I was always wanting to know more, to change my mind, I don’t know. It was an easy, fast read.
- Cover: I don’t love the cover. It does look like a collage. Even though the men are hot, it still bother me the full effect. But I do like the title. In fact, the title is very meaningful, it tells a story by itself. I also think this is Alana’s book, and she should have been the most important part of the cover, not the men.
- Characters:I couldn’t like, connect or understand them. This book was all about Alana and I didn’t like her at all. Jack, I was indifferent. Dylan, was the promising character of the book. I liked him, but he was given sort of secondary role, so I didn’t see as much as I wanted from him.
Just because you’re poor doesn’t mean that your life is worthless or that it doesn’t mean anything. There are other ways to be fulfilled. by Dylan
WARNING View Spoiler »I think the readers should have been warned that this has cheating. It’s a NO for a lot of romance readers. « Hide Spoiler
I know. My review is a mess. I guess it always is when I have mixed feelings about a book.
First I would like to say, that I always try to be fair in my reviews. Of course they are about my likes and dislikes, but I have created a system for myself and I try to judge a book inside this system.
I did not hate the story, in fact I was enthralled. It was a fast read for me and I kept reading it because there was something original there. But I did hate the main character, I had a hard time with Alana and because of her, I have had a love-hate relationship with this book. But, this is my personal hangup. I didn’t agree or understand her choices. But I also know a lot Alana’s out there in the world. I can’t fault Ms. Branigan for creating an Alana. She is so current. Her emotional journey was interesting and had me hooked. Even though half of the time I felt compelled to disagree with her, she moved me one way or another.
For me reading can be a very cathartic experience and I can’t deny the emotions this book has brought me.
At the end of the day, I can say that I’m looking forward to read more of Ms. Branigan and this was a good book.
You MAY read this book because you like romance; you SHOULD read this book because you are looking for a bit more mature characters; you MUST read this book if you enjoy love triangle.